Controversial opinions on metal

Well, someone posted here that Heaven and Hell is not a "good" album. I think its actually is , but , its no near as good as Dehumanizer , Mob Rules, and The Devil You Know.

I consider Saxon and Ozzy Osbourne ( early stuff ) to be "closer" to hard rock than heavy metal.

After listening to all slough feg albums, I still maintain atavism is their best

I prefer the first three, but Atavism is definitely overlooked. I think the reason is that the catchy stuff is ultra-happy-upbeat-cannot-forget stuff (Hiberno-Latin Invasion, Agony Slalom) while many of the others are one big stream of thematic Slough Feg parts, which work incredibly well together. It's one of those albums that sounds much better than how I remember it every time, and I've always still liked it.

i like the first three as well, especially down among the deadmen.

and yes, agony slalom is one of the best songs. i also really like i will kill you you will die.

after atavism, it went downhill for me. i like hardworlder, but animal spirits and ape uprising did nothing for me. surprisingly, i thought digital resistance was their best since atavism.

Reactions: CiG
I've only listened to Digital Resistance once and haven't bought it yet, but as it went on I was actually pleased as well. I never even got Animal Spirits. How can you include a song with a title like "Free Market Barbarian" and not include the fucking lyrics? I mean come on.

Mob Rules is a fucking classic .... it just isn't as good as the album that came out a year before it.

The Sign of the Southern Cross, Falling of the Edge of the World and The Mob Rules are all top notch tracks. I can listen to those first two tracks all fucking day.