Controversial opinions on metal

i like judgment, but no way is it better than WS, WHBWH, A4, or even Serenades.

for some reason, i've always found Eternity to be the hardest to listen to.

id highly suggest you listen to weather systems, and in a hurry. it's fantastic. same with we're here because we're here, which as stated before is great and slightly behind weather systems from start to finish.

Distant satellites is good too, but a step down from the previous two. Though it does tread new territory in a tasteful way.

definitely not judgement... maybe whbwh, but yea, as i still listen to it more and more, I think weather systems is their best. alternative 4 is great as well...

i like judgment, but no way is it better than WS, WHBWH, A4, or even Serenades.

for some reason, i've always found Eternity to be the hardest to listen to.

You guys be smoking.

First off Serenades shouldnt even be brought up.

And Judgement is clearly their best release to date. WS does give it a run for its money. Some of their best song writing for sure, but the songs dont hold a candle to the classics on Judgement. That album cant be fucked with.

Eternity will always have a soft spot in my heart; it was album that got me started on Anathema. Very rarely do I revist that one and if I do, its mainly just for Angelica.

Distant satellites is not good; a major step down from all their material.

Fixed that one for you.

DS is easily their worst album...

Anathema has a fucking great discography tbh. However I feel A Fine Day To Exit never gets praised, and it should, its a great album.

Opeth dropping the death vocals was a great move.
Ihsahn hasn't composed a great album since "Anthems".
Chuck's vocals on "Sounds" are complete and utter shite.
Most death metal is boring as hell.
Anthrax is indeed worthy of being part of the "Big 4". They have many great albums.
Kiss, regardless of their cheese and annoyances, have written dozens of awesome songs.
the "average metalhead" is just as predictable and prone to herd mentality as anyone else. perhaps more so.

Anthrax is indeed worthy of being part of the "Big 4". They have many great albums.
Kiss, regardless of their cheese and annoyances, have written dozens of awesome songs.
the "average metalhead" is just as predictable and prone to herd mentality as anyone else. perhaps more so.

---------------------

Opeth dropping the death vocals was a great move. no
Ihsahn hasn't composed a great album since "Anthems". no
Chuck's vocals on "Sounds" are complete and utter shite. no
Most death metal is boring as hell. definitely no
Anthrax is indeed worthy of being part of the "Big 4". They have many great albums. no
Kiss, regardless of their cheese and annoyances, have written dozens of awesome songs. no
the "average metalhead" is just as predictable and prone to herd mentality as anyone else. perhaps more so no

I just listened to The Great Southern Trendkill start to finish on Youtube. Hadn't heard it in over 10 years.

Vinnie Paul was easily the best thing about this band. Great, creative, hard working drummer. Everything else pretty much sucks save for a few cool riffs scattered throughout the album and the band's discography.

That's not really controversial. I think it's kind of a cool album just because of how thoroughly hostile and pissed-off it is, but I pretty much never listen to it because it's just deeply unpleasant.

Anselmo was a pretty great vocalist on Cowboys. Not sure what happened there.

And KISS are fucking great. They're like the musical equivalent of Steven Seagal movie: dumb, cheesy, and predictable, but still usually fun.

- Don't care, Opeth blows.
- True.
- True.
- No. You are boring as hell, most death metal is not boring as fuck.
- Anthrax is fucking gay.
- Kiss is pretty rockin'.
- No.

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, they have a gigantic fanbase they arent
*quite* worthy of, but theres no denying their classic great songs and badass live act.

Btw, doesnt fit in the thread, but it does with the topic of Kiss, Detroit Rock City is a fucking great movie.