Controversial opinions on metal

Mathiäs;10897364 said:
Can't believe how bad the new Opeth album is. I'm so disappointed. They were soooo good just a few albums ago and now they're total garbage.

Pale Communion is so far my album of the year! So good.

Mathiäs;10897364 said:
New Mastodon also sucked.

Pretty much agreed. I liked the Hunter much better, and that was no where near as good as CTS.

You're not a hipster

I've been called a hipster more than once, though not on this board.

Re: New Opeth, I think it's pretty awesome and more comparable to Beardfish than any metal band. And since Beardfish is my favorite contemporary Prog Rock group, that's fine by me :)

I'm more surprised by the people who are still griping about how the last 3 albums have sounded nothing like Still Life than I am about the general negative reception to Pale Communion.

I've been called a hipster more than once, though not on this board.

Re: New Opeth, I think it's pretty awesome and more comparable to Beardfish than any metal band. And since Beardfish is my favorite contemporary Prog Rock group, that's fine by me :)

I'm more surprised by the people who are still griping about how the last 3 albums have sounded nothing like Still Life than I am about the general negative reception to Pale Communion.

Beardfish completely shits on Opeth.

The Ultra-Violence is really weak and overrated outside of Voracious Souls, generic and forgettable on par with your average/below average demo band.

I'm serious. I've listened to their first 3 at least 2 or 3 times each to see if I'm missing something. I'm not. Weak ass riffs. Weak ass drums. Weak ass lyrics and vocals. Gay ass production. Wanna be soloing. It's awful, thin, unimaginative, and gayer than Freddy Mercury's naked corpse in a photo with P-Diddy at a Backstreet Boys concert.

Outside the Ultra Violence, early DA is forgettable. But the reunion stuff has been fantastic, and having seen DA twice, I completely disagree regarding stage presence.

I've only heard Act III, but it's pretty fucking bad. Weak-ass vocals, dull riffing, sterile production, lame songwriting.