Controversial opinions on metal

Djent is just a shitty and specific form of technical metal that will hopefully go away soon. Also, Darkthrone is the Darkthrone of the new millenium.

... guy comes to a metal forum and calls people geeks and nerds, lol. Take a step back, look at how stupid your post sounds. You can be a such a fuckin' douche sometimes.

headin%2Bass.jpg

haha I haven't seen that photo for ages. Forgot about it. Sorry if I hit a nerve but ya...go back and take off your UM glasses and just read through the page. It's hilarious.

Krallice is the Darkthrone of the new millenium.

Djent needs to be legitimized as a genre, even if this means giving it a less onomatopoeic name. "Progressive Metal" does not properly capture what most of these young guns are writing, as most of it is not progressive in the traditional sense, nor is the model or mindset they follow.

I'm sorry man, but both Krallice and djent are self-absorbed shit that are better in theory than in practice.

People that listen to a style of metal with subsubgenres including "suicidal depressive" have no right to complain about self-absorption.

Krallice aren't universally terrible. They have a good parts... Here or there. But they're better on paper than as recorded music.

Great argument you facially deformed piece of shit.

Only one I need. Now go suck a cock for Dairy Queen coupons, you fucking filthy degenerate.

Djent is just a shitty and specific form of technical metal that will hopefully go away soon.

Isn't it already just about dead? I'm seeing no new djent stuff being promoted anywhere anymore. 3-4 years ago it was everywhere.

Also, I can't listen to Meshuggah anymore. I'm just over it.

Great argument you facially deformed piece of shit.

:D

Djent is just a shitty and specific form of technical metal that will hopefully go away soon.

If we give it its own name, it will be easier to dismiss. What I'm saying is, "Djent" is not something journalists want to put in their articles because it looks and reads like some kind of l33tspeak or forum terminology, and the progressive descriptor is neither helpful nor applicable to the style.

Once it has a name, we can talk about it historically instead of it just being that new djingle djangle the kids these days are playing.

Fuck Liturgy. They deserve a punch. I like Krallice, though.

As for Meshuggah, I can't tolerate them. And I have tried and tried and tried, then a few people asked me to try again and I did. And I still think they are trite, boring, and they've run their schtick to the ground.