Controversial opinions on metal

I believe you meant to say SLAM THAT FUCKING SICKNESS. Slam is fun and stupid. What's wrong with lo brow entertainment?

Maybe i was bit too harsh. Would Abominable Putridity count as slam? But yeah, full on slam albums are just mind-numbing and unbearable to sit through for me. And just to be clear i have absolutely no problem with BDM. And most of it does have some minimal "slamming". Defeated Sanity, Pathology, Katalepsy, 7H Target, Kraanium, Goregasm, Cerebral Bore, Putrid Pile etc. All bands that i dig. Defeated Sanity are one of the best death metal bands of today imo.

Maybe i was bit too harsh. Would Abominable Putridity count as slam? But yeah, full on slam albums are just mind-numbing and unbearable to sit through for me. And just to be clear i have absolutely no problem with BDM. And most of it does have some minimal "slamming". Defeated Sanity, Pathology, Katalepsy, 7H Target, Kraanium, Goregasm, Cerebral Bore, Putrid Pile etc. All bands that i dig. Defeated Sanity are one of the best death metal bands of today imo.

So it seems to me, youre hating on the 95% of slam which is generic, cookie cutter, talentless, wanky shit thats all focused around "those sick slams brah" cause all those bands you named I put under the Slam umbrella...

Yeah well most of those bands are brutal death metal bands, and not the generic, talentless, cookie cutter "slam metal" bands or whatever the fuck they're called that you're referring to. How the fuck does some listen to a DS album and come away thinking that they just listened to a slam band? :lol:

Slam is what scene kids go to from deathcore, to seem like "true" metalheads. Slam is stupid.

Again, you're retarded.

Slam may be a simplistic, neanderthalic genre, but that does not make it bad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying fun, neanderthalic music; and if you are implying otherwise, then kindly make like a tree and fuck off.

Slam is fun. Even a few of the modern, somewhat generic acts, are fun.

Yeah well most of those bands are brutal death metal bands, and not the generic, talentless, cookie cutter "slam metal" bands or whatever the fuck they're called that you're referring to. How the fuck does some listen to a DS album and come away thinking that they just listened to a slam band? :lol:

You may have me on thrash, but not slam so im pretty sure youre full of shit here. Just because Defeated Sanity is probably the best slam band ever doesnt mean theyve transcended the genre or some bullshit. You list a big pile of the obvious bands everyone that likes the genre likes... You even listed Putrid Pile, which is pretty fucking awful slam with the worst vocalist ever...then say you dont like the generic stuff. What kind of blanket statement is that? No one likes the generic shit in a genre...

What the fuck are you talking about?

#1 Defeated Sanity are not a slam band

#2 All i did is list some of the BDM bands that i listen to, and some of those do have minimal slamming.

#3 And for the 100th time .... I FUCKING HATE DM ALBUMS THAT ARE FILLED WITH SLAMS.

Which one of those statements bothered you again?

edit: Also, i was quoting Kafka with that whole "generic" line, in case you didn't notice.

Only Putrid Pile album i own or even listened to is Blood Fetish, which i think is pretty solid.

Its actually weird that you're not Latino with how emotional you get in this thread. Pure Latin fire when someone implies you're off base or your taste in music isn't perfect.

I dont think I was clear with my previous post.

All I was getting at is, that scene is flooded with crap. More so than any other metal genre, and that the bands you listed were not BDM bands (except Goregasm), but slam.

Which brings me to my next point. You like slam.

Just admit it and we can move on.

If some of the bands i listed are classified as full on slam bands, then hey i guess i do :lol:

But hold on ... are you saying that DS are not a BDM band, but a slam band?

Also, i wouldn't call the first two Pathology albums slam. Haven't listened to much of their other shit. Same can be said for Maniacal Miscreation.

All the other bands are pretty much shit. Putrid Pile is pretty cool when they're not doing the eee reee's, Cerebral Bore sucks laughable ass, the other bands ARE slam.