Controversial opinions on metal

Pathology's first two albums are worlds apart different then the rest of their material. Practically every album sounds different to me cause they seem to go through new members on each fucking album. Still, I would still call it Slam because Surgically Hacked and Incisions just dont sound like Brutal Death Metal to me. Masticate to Dominate does. Compare those and see what I mean.

Either way, its situations like this that make me lol. Does it fucking matter what label to put on it? Is that going to change your opinion on it? You like what you like.

And Defeated Sanity? Yes, slam. My knowledge is pretty limited about slam but I thought it was universal knowledge that DS is like Devourment; gateway slam bands.

EDIT:

Yeah bro. Cerebral bore is really terrible. Like....Really terrible. Especially live.

Pathology: How do they not sound like BDM? If those two albums are not the definition of BDM than i must not know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Defeated Sanity are fucking pure brutal death to the bone. Yes, they do have a few slams scattered throughout their albums. They're also very technically inclined(which is not the case with most slam), does that make them a technical death metal band?

Like Prophet said, slam is just a step or two above deathcore.... which i know for a fact that a few of you guys arguing with me right now used to listen to ... you guys know who you are.

^ Excellent contribution.

Only first two Gorgoroth albums are worth listening to, imo.

And just cause I saw it in the NP thread, Emperor are over rated as fuck. Good riffs that are ruined by cheesy synths and donald duck vocals. Their self titled EP is the only thing they have that doesnt instantly make me want to turn their material off.

Gorgoroth is just ok. Their 30 minute album is listenable because its so short. Only "popular" second wave band thats worse is satyricon

^ Excellent contribution.

Only first two Gorgoroth albums are worth listening to, imo.

And just cause I saw it in the NP thread, Emperor are over rated as fuck. Good riffs that are ruined by cheesy synths and donald duck vocals. Their self titled EP is the only thing they have that doesnt instantly make me want to turn their material off.

I always thought Antichrist was the least memorable of their fist three. They just do everything on UtSoH so much better than their previous two.

And yeah, im also not a fan of the keyboards either when it comes to Emperor.

Buttface, are we agreeing on something again or are you just fuckin' around?

Oh and i think Abominable Putridity suck. Just wanted to know what you guys would classify as slam, as they're one of the first examples that pop into my head when i think of that "sub genre".

Satyricon first 3 albums are pure class

I can get behind that statement. I mentioned on another message board how crappy newer Satyricon is and almost got my head chewed off. Apparently, I was being an elitist black metal fuck for not appreciating their changing sound. Give me a break.

Nah, none of their material can compare with the best from other bands of that time period. Satyricon is a mere footnote of the style

I've honestly tried understanding why certain black metal bands are the one's who go mainstream, but I've yet to figure it out. All the mainstream black metal bands suck complete ass, it doesn't make sense.