Controversial opinions on metal

i wouldn't call anything on MOP filler but i also don't really love anything after the first three tracks. TTTSNB is actually the one that most people seem to consider filler, i've always adored it though.

RTL is awesome but there is some filler (still good songs but filler). Trapped Under Ice and Escape are obviously the weakest. The MOP album doesn't have a single filler track and all are 10/10. I'd rank the early albums:

MOP
AJFA
RTL
KEA
I 100% agree with all of this.

YOU MUST DIE WHEN I SAY YOU MUST DIE...BACK TO THE FRONT!!!!

There is no filler on RTL. If you want to say Escape is the weakest song on the album, that's not controversial. Escape is to RtL what Damage Inc is to MoP. It's a really close call between RtL and MoP but the nod has to go to RtL as the best.

RtL
MoP
AJFA
KEA

AJFA
MoP
RtL
KEA

AJFA is clearly the best. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is some of those ill-fitting guitar solos and the lyrics to Dyers Eve. MoP and RtL are neck and neck, but "Escape" is totally skippable whereas MoP is start to finish solid.

AJFA
MoP
RtL
KEA

AJFA is clearly the best. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is some of those ill-fitting guitar solos and the lyrics to Dyers Eve. MoP and RtL are neck and neck, but "Escape" is totally skippable whereas MoP is start to finish solid.

Ill-fitting solos? I think they all fit perfectly tbh.

There is no filler on RTL. If you want to say Escape is the weakest song on the album, that's not controversial. Escape is to RtL what Damage Inc is to MoP. It's a really close call between RtL and MoP but the nod has to go to RtL as the best.

RtL
MoP
AJFA
KEA
I pretty much agree, but my preference is still toward MoP overall. The last statement I agreed with in that those are the weakest songs, but they are not at all skip worthy songs.
DIE!!!!
BY MY HAAAAAAND!
That fucking part is so intense. Goosebumps every time haha
Me too...except for the Trapped Under Ice comment; it's one of my favorites on the album.
Its a great song, but lower on the scale the others set.
Ill-fitting solos? I think they all fit perfectly tbh.
I agree. I think all the guitar work is the pinnacle of his ability and skill on that album. He really stood out IMO

Even Metallica's filler in the 80s can destroy an above-average track from many of their contemporaries. And Trapped Under Ice has one of the most classic and imitated riffs out there.

KEA
RtL
AJFA
MoP

I put Kill 'Em All at the top of my list solely because of its intensity, roughness, speed, crazy riffs, and youth's spirit. Ride the Lightning comes close to being Metallica's best album though. Nevertheless, all four albums are untouchable.

Megadeth > Slayer > Metallica

Not controversial at all, just had to throw that out there after i read a few of the comments on this page.

KiMB > KEA
Peace Sells < RtL
SFSGSW = MoP
RiP > AJfA

All essential metal imo.

I personally like the black album too. Same goes for the next three Megadeth albums.

I think the Garage album is great.

I see all the arguments for AJFA and there are times when I listen and go "if they had just produced it better and tightened up the songs this would be the best". But they didn't. Not only that, but from what I understand that thin production was an intentional choice because of Cliff or some horseshit, so it's not like they did a great job and got screwed by the producer.