Controversial opinions on metal

haha, in the time it would take for a doom metal band to finish one measure of their song, I could've listened to 5 death metal albums amirite?

Have you heard Psalm 9 by Trouble though? I would have thought you'd get something out of it, a lot of is very close to trad and fairly fast.

They have really bad vocals in my opinion and nothing much going for them. I used to be "into them" when I wanted to like every metal band that had a traditional sounding name and logo for some weird weak fanboy reason.

The metro Detroit area covers a small chunk of Michigan, and most of it is not primarily black people. You are more likely to see a worse scene in Flint, which I assure you is incredibly hostile to whitey and a long ways from Detroit. I know more people shot there than Dtown's worst neighborhoods.

The metro Detroit area covers a small chunk of Michigan, and most of it is not primarily black people. You are more likely to see a worse scene in Flint, which I assure you is incredibly hostile to whitey and a long ways from Detroit. I know more people shot there than Dtown's worst neighborhoods.

Saginaw was what you originally said. Was there a big demographic change in 4 minutes?

I mean this with the least disrespect, but dismissing an entire genre of music is sorta fucking dumb. And by "sorta" I mean "incredibly".

I like a few bands in the genre, with Candlemass being my favorite by far and a few others or random songs catching my fancy every now and then. Mostly though...yea...just so boring. I need more energy.

Saginaw was what you originally said. Was there a big demographic change in 4 minutes?

Yeah I mistake them sometimes because they're the two worst places ever. But Saginaw isn't as far so its more expected.

This is accurate. I'm surrounded by Italians. That is all.

tumblr_nal4p9_J0151s4df8ko1_1280.jpg

A lot of doom relies on layering for its complexity, and vocals for its energy. If your sense of excitement comes from drum work or shredding, then its just not the thing for you. But as was said Trouble can be pretty energetic, just one of many that are on the verge of trad.