Controversial opinions on metal

Wow. Really glad I'm not the only one.

Yea it's pretty terrible. It's the only genre that I sort of dismiss in its entirety.
Whoa, this surprises me. I thought everyone on this board liked doom. I think it sucks. I do love the D&D mentality though. Too bad the music sucks.
Also these shit bands trying to bring back late 70's doom/rock. Stop!

Wow, in 8 years it's amazing to see how a 1,000 pages have been added to this thread. So many good discussions on this forum, it's nice to drop back in once in a while and see what all the kids are fussin' about.

Controversial opinion? Oh. Deafheaven and the black-gaze stuff is the best thing to happen to BM since Burzum broke up.

They have really bad vocals in my opinion and nothing much going for them. I used to be "into them" when I wanted to like every metal band that had a traditional sounding name and logo for some weird weak fanboy reason.

That's ridiculous.

If you don't dig you're a lost cause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, in 8 years it's amazing to see how a 1,000 pages have been added to this thread. So many good discussions on this forum, it's nice to drop back in once in a while and see what all the kids are fussin' about.

Controversial opinion? Oh. Deafheaven and the black-gaze stuff is the best thing to happen to BM since Burzum broke up.

sup nick hows the fishing going

MoSeN that last song sounded almost decent, but it sounded like cathedral trying to sound like God of Emptiness style Morbid Angel lol.

I just cba with lee dorian or whatever he's called's vocals. Sorry. He makes doom metal sound like shit retro rock.