Controversial opinions on metal

OSFTGH is the best in my opinion. Those fucking drums man...Fuck.

Really like The Crusher and With Odin too. Didnt really care for anything after, though.

Finally someone who appreciates Once Sent.

I've mostly stopped paying attention to AA. Haven't picked up their last album. If they change things up a bit I'll check it out.

I will say that although my favorite is their first album which had a different drummer (Martin Lopez, from Opeth), Fredrick Andersson is an incredible drummer. He does a great job on all the albums he played with them and has a really distinct sound. They'll have a hard time adequately replacing him, and I look forward to what he does next.

Martin Lopez is right up there with Kevin Talley for my all time favorite drummers.

I really need to take the time to study Lopez's drumming more. Talley is a monster in his own right.

Haake is another personal favorite of mine.

Any drummer that just pounds the shit out of the kit I enjoy.

Their 87-89 trio are my top picks, but Angel Rat is still excellent. The Outer Limits doesn't quite hold up for me though. On its own merits its fine I guess, but it feels like a tryhard attempt at recreating Nothingface after fans probably complained of Angel Rat being too alt rock.

i really need to revisit KT and DH. I like Nothingface a lot. For me, the trio of Nothingface, AR, and OL are where its at.

I tried liking the newsted albums. Katorz wasnt horrible, I guess.

Their 87-89 trio are my top picks, but Angel Rat is still excellent.
While I agree with the former, I strongly disagree with the latter. Together with "Voivod", "Angel Rat" is my least favourite Voivod-album - both albums do nothing for me. I recently tried to give "Angel Rat" another chance, but I still don't like it. And I was so disappointed by "Voivod" that I never listened to "Katorz" and "Infini", whereas "Target Earth" was a very positive surprise for me.

I really need to take the time to study Lopez's drumming more. Talley is a monster in his own right.

Haake is another personal favorite of mine.

Any drummer that just pounds the shit out of the kit I enjoy.

George Kollias, Inferno and Hellhammer all rank up there for me as great drummers.

Slightly drunk, so not sure how controversial, but Air Dance is far and away the best song on Never Say Die!

Hmmm... in that case, Never Say Die or Technical Ecstasy? I think TE is better from start to finish...

I prefer NSD in terms of consistency tbh. TE has a couple songs I'm not fond of, like All Moving Parts or Rock n' Roll Doctor.

Both albums are great though. Sabbath never put out a bad album during the Ozzy and Dio eras.