Controversial opinions on metal

I haven't heard a single Cannibal Corpse I'd call "crap". I mean, they're far from a favorite, but they have quality control and change their formula just enough to not be a drag.

Of all the big OSDM names, Nocturnus is by far the crappiest. Overglorified thrash metal with a keyboard gimmick and dry Morrisound production.

Their quality dipped from 96 until Kill but it still wasn't terrible. Just didn't have the memorable songs they wrote before and after that time frame.

Errrr until The Wretched Spawn anyway. Several really fucking catchy songs there.

never could get into deicide, benton just never knows when to shut up. i didnt like that nocturnus album either tbh. cannibal corpse is ass. slayer is overrated as fuck.

I'd take Deicide over Cannibal Corpse, but that's not saying much.

Slayer aren't overrated at all, even though I only like their 80's stuff I can still admit that they pretty much get the praise they've rightfully earned.
This is the problem with just mindlessly using that phrase.

For me the worst OSDM band would have to be Brutality, talk about a snoozefest.

:lol: thanks for ensuring that your opinions on OSDM are bascially void.

Ha! You really like them that much? They're not shit, just absolutely fucking boring.

My opinion on Death Metal has been void here since I said I liked Autopsy's Acts Of The Unspeakable and Shitfun albums, I don't really give a shit by now hahaha.

People in here pretend like they want diversity of opinion, but really they want to be surrounded by clones of themselves.

Well you just said they're the worst OSDM that you've ever heard. I'd say that would translate to "shit", no?

I dont think i've ever heard single person say anything negative about Screams of Anguish ... until today that is. I suggest you go listen to it again. That album is widely considered an OSDM gem.