Controversial opinions on metal

nosferatu is great, but does suffer slightly from the non-dracula story songs being not as strong as the rest

if it were consistent 100% through it'd push for awaken the guardian level quality

The second half is better than the first, and Aieliaria and Everonn is the best song on the album.

EDIT: The only weak point of the second half is Swirling Madness which is a little too thrashy, but it's still more melodic and interesting than Baptized in Blood.

Speaking of inconsistency, "Leather and Lust" is cringe-worthy compared to the rest of Burning Star.

the A side of NOSFERATU is definitely better than the B side, the closer is fabulous but the first three songs on the B-side are the worst on the album. A DISTANT THUNDER has a similar issue actually - easily a weaker second half except 'winds of war' is the best song on it. i like REMNANTS OF WAR but it's less inspired than either of the above imo. i need to check out BURNING STAR again one of these days.

Speaking of inconsistency, "Leather and Lust" is cringe-worthy compared to the rest of Burning Star.

Only lyrically. Musically, it's the closest thing to the sound of the next few albums. Best song on the album. Well, or at least joint-best with Witch's Eye.

the A side of NOSFERATU is definitely better than the B side, the closer is fabulous but the first three songs on the B-side are the worst on the album. A DISTANT THUNDER has a similar issue actually - easily a weaker second half except 'winds of war' is the best song on it. i like REMNANTS OF WAR but it's less inspired than either of the above imo. i need to check out BURNING STAR again one of these days.

Benediction is awesome tho. I agree to some extent with A Distant Thunder, but The Whore of Babylon is fantastic for a two minute instrumental, some of the coolest/most unique riffage I've heard in USPM.

i don't hate the second half, i only said it was weaker than the a-side of one of my all time favourite albums lol. also 'WHY IS THE WORLD SO FUCKED UP?!' is hilarious but doesn't really affect my opinion of anything. that is the worst song though, in context anyway.

I keep an autistic unpublished RYM list of track rankings for basically every album, and Harsh Reality is dead center for me, ahead of the first three side A songs (and Swirling Madness). Refreshing my memory on it, I guess it's actually a bit chuggier than I remember and more so than the other songs, but it's really choppy in a tech-thrashy way that I like.

But yeah, I still really like both sides of the album. I guess I never even divided it into sides until I saw someone make that same comment a while back, and have seen it since repeated many times.

For me, the best traditional Doom Metal band around now is and always has been The Wizar'd, I also love that this band splits the Doom crowd.
Hahaha, people I know fucking despise Ol' Rusty's vocals so much.

Phenomenal!
Much more melodic, one could use their latest as proof that they're slowly evolving into more of a Heavy Metal band, they have an EP in the works that I can't wait to hear just to hear their progression.

Immolation-Majesty-And-Decay.jpg

no. this album was great to me