Controversial opinions on metal

wondering what you think of this? i've loved this tune for years, it's not 'rabid' exactly but it's pretty fucking evil. you can really feel their passion for, y'know, not getting on with jews and stuff.

bSGvNx4wEg4

Hahaha.
This was pretty good, I can see myself buying this record.
It's weird that so much Political Pagan/NSBM is pretty fucking good.

i think it always helps to have some kind of vision/ideology/etc underpinning everything beyond just wanting your music to sound cool. my theory is that's why a lot of the earlier BM bands were more distinctive, impassioned, coherent etc - they were living the music, it was closer to a religion than a hobby for many of them. i like extreme metal best when it sounds like a religious experience actually, this is why i'm so willing to forgive the bloatedness of SI MONVMENTVM... for example, there's something so alive and meaningful about the peaks of that record.

Really get what you're saying. I like the passionate hatefulness too. It adds something, and it seems a lot of NSBM bands have it.

I really liked Planet Zog a lot too (WW3 is a track that stands out for me in that), but overall I do think Ad Hominem are just OK besides that album. But a lot of NSBM bands are pretty damn good especially the Eastern European ones. Velimor, Svarga, M8l8th… I mean they are definitely passionate (or mostly nuts).

I like bands when you can tell they live it, rather than it's just a free time relegated job or hobby.

As to the NSBM thing, I tend to like it not due to the passion or emotion, but because they more often than not reject modern trends in Metal and musical production, that's really it.

If the drums are primitive, the riffs are evil and the vocals have impact I can most likely enjoy it.

I know you're an exaggerbator and all but I feel like you can't call a band that's released nothing but an ep and a couple splits in the last six years one of the best doom bands going.

I know you're an exaggerbator and all but I feel like you can't call a band that's released nothing but an ep and a couple splits in the last six years one of the best doom bands going.

Especially when one of their latest songs is a cover. Of a 70s stoner band or whatever genre they fall into..

Maybe it's time to check out Griftegard again, but I was incredibly let down when I bought their album years ago. Much Rituals of the Oak, haven't hit me/not worth the hype.

I don't really remember it being super awesome either. Off the top of my head, Procession and Black Oath are better current traditional doom for my money.

I'd take Griftegard over those two any day, but you guys have a point about the inactivity.

who else gets annoyed by album intros? they just add a few minutes to the album/demos length. they are fucking retarded and annoying

Some intros work and some don't, I like the way Mortician and Impetigo use intros but I hate the way some bands are pretentious as fuck with their intros.