Controversial opinions on metal

If me choosing not to steal music makes me a complete moron, I sure am glad I'm not one of those smart people who faced lawsuits and criminal cases for that type of behavior.

Reactions: CiG
I don't want it. I already own two large 4K resolution flat screen TVs and I don't have anywhere to put a third one. It also doesn't belong to me.

Is this you being autistically literal, or are you making the marginally less stupid observation that you're fine with your music collection the size it already is?

Either way, not everyone has two flat screen TV's, and not everyone is fine with listening to the same 10 or 12 trad metal bands over and over aud nauseum.

I'm fine with my music collection and my TV collection consisting solely of my own music and TV purchases.

Other people might not be as satisfied with their own lot, but I personally find them entitled and their excuses are usually pathetically weak.

Reactions: CiG
Actually, most fans do indeed prefer Covenant(not here though), and i cant blame them .... its a beast of an album and one death metals best.

I have it Altars > Blessed = Covenant >> Domination as far the the Steve Tucker albums go.

I've never even heard of people mentioning Covenant. It's always the first two I hear about. I often hear people claim Altars of madness is the best Death metal album ever ofcourse I was never that big into it.

I'm fine with my music collection and my TV collection consisting solely of my own music and TV purchases.

Well there are plenty of great metal albums you're never going to hear, then. But I guess you don't miss what you never had.

I've never even heard of people mentioning Covenant. It's always the first two I hear about. I often hear people claim Altars of madness is the best Death metal album ever ofcourse I was never that big into it.

Covenant is great in its own way imo, but it's more of a commercial release than the first two. I reckon most of the people who consider it Morbid Angel's best are people who don't listen to a lot of other OSDM bands.

They had videos made for "Rapture" and "God of Emptiness" that showed on MTV if I remember, so more people were exposed to it I guess. The time it was released probably had something to do with its success as well. It's a mixed album for me where I really like half the tracks but don't much care for the other half.

Blessed > Altars >Abominations of Desolation >>>> Covenant.

Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
is easily the best of the Tucker material imo.

Yeah, i think Altars won "Best DM album of all time" in one of our threads from a little while ago.

Covenant was one of the first DM albums i purchased back in the day and def one of the most popular death metal albums from back then.

Yeah Altars tends to have more reviews and ratings on the sites I've visited. I just found it funny that Covenant was their most successful when I've never heard much mention of it.

While we're on the subject ID still probably go with Symphonies of Sickness as the best DM album not counting demos and comps.

I often wonder if these guys would have become legends in the death metal genre had they released an album back in 84 or 85.

Well they probably would have, considering there were no death metal albums in 84 and that would have made them one of the pioneers of the genre.

Well all those songs were originally recorded around 84 and 85. I figure if they released an album in 85 they mighve been bigger than Possessed.

Explain to me how it can be legally required for an ISP to notify you that you're committing copyright infringement if you're downloading music or other copyrighted media and yet you can try to claim that it is not a form of copyright infringement. Please tell me how this is possible.

You lost the argument already. It's over.

Downloading music for personal use is not the only thing an ISP can notice. For example, seeding a torrent from which a thousand other people download.