Controversial opinions on metal

I don't think any of the Black Sabbath albums are even close to being in the realm of what I consider bad, but some of them are obviously much worse than others.

Paranoid is a bit overrated compared to debut and the two albums that follow it.

Paranoid is a bit overrated compared to debut and the two albums that follow it.

No doubt. Fairies Wear Boots overshadows everything else on the album.

While it has one of the worst album covers ever, Sabotage is easily my favorite of the Ozzy era. The Writ being my favorite song. MoR is in second

VOL. 4 and the s/t A-side will always be the band's clear peak for me, but PARANOID is better than MASTER OF REALITY imo and might be their most well-rounded album overall. i think people struggle to judge it objectively because it's more overplayed than the others. i don't care for 'planet caravan' but the rest of the proper songs are various tiers of excellent, esp. 'war pigs' and 'hand of doom'.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
I find Master of Reality to be kinda overrated in comparison to the rest of the first four. Great album but the songs just don't grab you the same way.

No doubt. Fairies Wear Boots overshadows everything else on the album.

While it has one of the worst album covers ever, Sabotage is easily my favorite of the Ozzy era. The Writ being my favorite song. MoR is in second
I disagree (SBS imo) but I can still get behind that opinion.

Reactions: EchoForever
paranoid over rated?
maybe a little deeper in the metal community but surface level Master of Reality gets possibly the most praise by all the doom kiddies and i really cant see why they pick that one as their favorite

It's more ambitious than some of their earlier work but it doesn't always succeed in its ambitions, so it's inconsistent. It has some very high points.

Sabotage has the same issues although I might prefer it.