Controversial opinions on metal

Not saying it's a bad album by any means, but it isn't exactly the album people say it is. Heartwork pisses AAAALLLL over Slaughter of the Soul. In fact, I prefer The Red in the Sky is Ours to Slaughter of the Soul. It was a lot more raw and less polished, sure, but it seemed to have a little more soul in it.

Sometimes I hate SOTS because of all the shitty metalcore bands it spawned, and their incapable drummers who can only play a polka beat.

Again, Carcass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> At the Gates x infinity

Just my humble opinion, and I'm a sucker for controversy. I drink upstream from the herd.

Ozzman, you're gonna hate me for this one:

I think that Ozzy hasn't made a decent album since Perry Mason, and to me, that's probably his best. It's not as classic as BATM or DOAM, but I think song-wise it's as good if not better even though I prefer Randy Rhoads.

Also, Zakk Wylde is an extremely capable, yet boring and one-dimensional guitarist who needs to find his way out of the pentatonic box.

I think BLS's Hangover Music is their best work.

Here are a few:

In Flames hasn't put out a bad album yet
Arghoslent is terribly average melodic death metal
Death's last three albums are better than their first four albums

Why would anyone buy multiple BLS albums?

The Blessed Hellride is the last album worth getting from that band. That and 1919 Eternal are really good

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think Dio's work with Sabbath eclipses Ozzy's...again, it's not as historic and groundbreaking, but it's much, much heavier.

I find ITP to be far more entertaining than Human ever was. Scream Bloody Gore is the best of the OSDM releases the band did, but ITP keeps my attention better for some reason.

It helps that Andy LaRocque is a fucking monster on that album

Not saying it's a bad album by any means, but it isn't exactly the album people say it is. In fact, I prefer The Red in the Sky is Ours to Slaughter of the Soul. It was a lot more raw and less polished, sure, but it seemed to have a little more soul in it.
Yeah, I've heard that before.
But they are still different, imo. As for the soul part - I agree, as most of SOTS's riffs are somehow a step away from death metal riffs. But I still love the whole album and "Unto Others" track is just awesome.
Oh well.

You actually thought ITP was good? This album is a total mess. A very boring mess. I'm not a big fan of their last 2 either but I've always thought ITP was by far their worst album.
ITP is pretty cool. SOP blows it out of the water though.

I think that In Flames' Colony is better than The Jester Race.
Colony is where they entered their pseudo-pop phase. I would say Clayman is closer in style and better.

I can't get into Colony

Whoracle is the best thing that band has done though (in terms of a full length, since I know WAIF will come in with his SUBTERRAINEANNE SI BETTAH LULZ bullshit if I don't specify)

clayman is way softer than colony, are u mixing it up WAIF? I mean, Colony has behind space and thats all an In Flames album needs to have to be fucking amazing