Controversial opinions on metal

Discharge is actually one of the few punk band I still enjoy. Not very often anymore but I have my moments when I wanna hear something pretty straight forward.

I used to buy alo of compilations of old english punk and Discharge Sham 69 and The Damned are probably the only band I come back to even if its just once every year or even every couple of years.

Slaughter of the Soul is an album entirely too overrated and boring. Carcass's worst album is still 10 times better than ATG's best.
Slayer is boring both in studio and live, especially when Kerry King plays the same solo for every song.
Sepultura's impact on music has been blown out of proportion.
Soulfly is something that never should have been.
Chuck Schuldiner is one of the most overrated guitarists in metal. He was an excellent guitarist, but there are plenty more who are better.

Slaughter of the Soul is an album entirely too overrated and boring. Carcass's worst album is still 10 times better than ATG's best.
Slayer is boring both in studio and live, especially when Kerry King plays the same solo for every song.
Chuck Schuldiner is one of the most overrated guitarists in metal. He was an excellent guitarist, but there are plenty more who are better.

I only agree the Soulfly part.

fail
failesque
fail
win
fail

Oh wait, I've got moar!!!!!!

This one's for all the Dimebag ass-kissers...

Dimebag was a good guitarist but was overrated. Pantera was a cool band whose musicianship was also overrated, but they wrote really awesome songs. His death was over-publicized and he was turned into this icon that he never really was.