Controversial opinions on metal

Also, can you please explain what you meant by "non-academic American"? Just curious.

What I meant was, I'm more inclined to take a pronunciation correction seriously if the person correcting me is an academic.

so was 2016 a really shitty year for doom or what?

There were a number of doom metal releases that came out that I liked. Especially the Barren Grounds EP by Altar Of Oblivion.

and what makes you think i'm not a professor at one of the shitty universities out here?

1466350027-kermit.gif

Reactions: CiG
There were a number of doom metal releases that came out that I liked. Especially the Barren Grounds EP by Altar Of Oblivion.

well shit, this totally passed me by, thanks! anything else you liked? i've heard various solid stuff like spiritus mortis, lord vicar, stone magnum, mountain witch, spirit adrift - can't say any of it wowed me though.

Did Manowar invent the whole manly/epic backing vocals/choirs/"ahhhh ahhh aaaaahhhhh ahhhhh" thing that Bathory incorporated in their viking era?

Unless you're talking about a different thing, I always attribute that to Priest (e.g. Run of the Mill, Dreamer Deceiver).

thanks for pointing that out, i had no clue. :rolleyes:

One of the most liberal driven schools ------>>> "its just the social science department bro" ... do you not see why that made me chuckle? Actually, im going to guess no. But anyway, i'd rather not fuck one of my favorite threads up with all this talk about the poisonous universities out here.

I mean I agree, social science is soft and a shitty degree to get. But I would never call all of UCLA a shitty school, they're one of the best research universities on the west coast. For California I'd go something like:

Caltech
Stanford
Berkeley
UCLA
USC

For top 5. But really that's also like top 5 west of the Mississippi.

Reactions: Pitiless Wanderer
well shit, this totally passed me by, thanks! anything else you liked? i've heard various solid stuff like spiritus mortis, lord vicar, stone magnum, mountain witch, spirit adrift - can't say any of it wowed me though.

You didn't like The Year Is One? I thought it was brilliant. I totally forgot about Lord Vicar though, I think I'll have to edit my Best of 2016 list.

Well, some other doom metal releases that came out that I really liked were Solstice's To Sol A Thane demo, Cardinals Folly's Holocaust Of Ecstasy & Freedom album, Blizaro's Cornucopia Della Morte album, Pallbearer's Fear & Fury EP, Cross Vault's Miles To Take EP, Garden Of Worm's Double Dose Of Doom Vol 2 was a cool little 7 inch record as well.

Also, this just came out.

Last edited: