Controversial opinions on metal

*pats u on the head*

super-hero-printable-pop-can-wraps-223.jpg

But you've got to give them credit for handing the world the most entertaining period in American politics in ages.

People from the Midwest pronounce it 'melk', rhyming with 'elk' iirc. They're a disgusting bunch.

I've never pronounced it as such, so it must be more of an Upper Midwest thing. And besides, people from the western US pronounce 'caulk' identically to 'cock', so they have no right to talk about disgusting.

The best way to pronounce "caulk" is to try and force the L into there, extending your jaw and pushing your tongue downwards and into your throat, almost as if gagging on something long and hard, to prevent any potential homoeroticism or confusion with the word "cock".

The best way to pronounce "caulk" is to try and force the L into there, extending your jaw and pushing your tongue downwards and into your throat, almost as if gagging on something long and hard, to prevent any potential homoeroticism or confusion with the word "cock".

People in Australia don't pronounce 'cock' as 'cork' to begin with so it's not really an issue. I pronounce 'cock' like 'thot' or whatever.

Like 'rock', the way its supposed to be pronounced.

So you pronounce 'caulk' like 'cock'? That's retarded. Also I'd never take pronounciation advice from an American, especially some average non-academic American. It's one of my few prejudices, but you fuckers seem to talk like spastics.

I pronounce it 'cork' myself, how do you say it?

For me, it would be like:
caulk: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Open_back_rounded_vowel.ogg
cock: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Open_central_unrounded_vowel.ogg

People in Australia don't pronounce 'cock' as 'cork' to begin with so it's not really an issue. I pronounce 'cock' like 'thot' or whatever.

The only people who pronounce 'cock', 'caulk', and 'cork' all the same way are people from northeastern New England, such as in Boston, because they both merge the vowels of 'cock' and 'caulk' and, as non-rhotic, or r-less, speakers, pronounce 'cork' the same as 'caulk.' And nobody pronounces 'cock' the same as 'cork' while keeping 'caulk' distinct. However, r-dropping is on the decline in America even in the places where it's traditionally found.

So you pronounce 'caulk' like 'cock'? That's retarded. Also I'd never take pronounciation advice from an American, especially some average non-academic American. It's one of my few prejudices, but you fuckers seem to talk like spastics.

It's a product of the cot-caught merger, which a lot of Americans have, but I distinctly do not.

Lol, at getting called an "average non academic American" by some backwoods australian hillbilly who cant even pronounce the word that's in question.

Ummm, COCK ---> ROCK. Why are you always having trouble with shit like this? I cant imagine what would happen if you actually tried communicating with people who aren't "non-academics". Oh and you can at least spell pronunciation right .. or is that how you "highly academic" aussies pronounce it?

Last edited: