Controversial opinions on metal

-King Diamond's vocals (for both KD and Mercyful Fate), when he sounds high-pitched like a little kid going "eeee!", are so fucking awful.... and this is coming from someone who thinks Cirith Ungol's vocals are quite tolerable.

for example...

agoraphobic nosebleed, see you next tuesday(if you consider them grindcore). nasum, pig destroyer, are just some bands that come to mind. maybe its just the fact that i dont like short songs or somthing. but i find most of it tedious

if you can recommend me some good grind bands it would be appreciated though!

agoraphobic nosebleed, see you next tuesday(if you consider them grindcore). nasum, pig destroyer, are just some bands that come to mind. maybe its just the fact that i dont like short songs or somthing. but i find most of it tedious

if you can recommend me some good grind bands it would be appreciated though!

hmmm. I have to recognize that A.N. is a difficult band to understand. Is almost noisecore, like anal cunt and decomposing serenity, but i can recommend great bands to you.

the list:

Birdflesh - Night Of The Ultimate Mosh
Disgorge (Mex) - Necrholocaust
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
Extreme Noise Terror - Being and Nothing
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Defecation - Purity Dilution
Agathocles - Razor Sharp Daggers
Dead Infection - Brain Corrosion
Cripple Bastards - Misanthropo A senso Unico
Carcass - Symphonies Of Sickness

ok how about this opinion...
there hasn't been any important or worthwhile developments in metal since the second wave of black metal... while there have been good bands and albums since then the genre as a whole has been sucking ass... look at the styles that have become popular since then... tech death, brutal death, metalcore, etc. all bullshit

Aye. We've discussed this at length plenty of times. Metal to me, is in a point of stagnation. I'd much rather listen to the pioneers or classic albums then waste my money or time trying to find this "new and upcoming" metal. Most bands I've listened to lately aren't really concerned with writing some kickass songs as much as they want to show off. Which explains why I haven't bought an album in 2 1/2 years.

Aye. We've discussed this at length plenty of times. Metal to me, is in a point of stagnation. I'd much rather listen to the pioneers or classic albums then waste my money or time trying to find this "new and upcoming" metal. Most bands I've listened to lately aren't really concerned with writing some kickass songs as much as they want to show off. Which explains why I haven't bought an album in 2 1/2 years.

yup

Deicide's first three albums kick major ass
Pierced from Within is better than Effigy of the Forgotten
Most technical death metal sucks cock
Human is Death's worst album