Controversial opinions on metal

They're not "classic" in any respect either, but I'm not sure if he was implying that they were by association there...

-Most black and death bands (not counting melodic and progressive death metal) suck
-I really like flower metal and glam metal
-I think keyboards sound great in metal
-The X Factor, Jugulator, The Black Album, and The Ritual (Testament) are all good albums
-I think Blind Guardian's Somewhere Far Beyond album was overrated
-Unearth is a good metalcore band
-Sonata Arctica is one of my favorite bands

Come Clarity is a great album
Blaze Bayley is a better vocalist than Bruce Dickinson
System of a Down is metal, and it's good metal
DragonForce, 3 Inches of Blood and Anthrax are all good bands (they seem rather hated around here)

Thank you. I disagree about SoaD, but I don't mind them too much. I think what you said about Blaze versus Bruce is truly ridiculous, but whatever.

I think what you said about Blaze versus Bruce is truly ridiculous, but whatever.

While Bruce may have a greater vocal range, it all comes down to personal taste in the end, and while I am a big fan of both vocalists, there's just something special about Blaze's voice that really appeals to me.

His voice sounds much better on the albums with his own band, though.

Come Clarity is a great album
Blaze Bayley is a better vocalist than Bruce Dickinson
System of a Down is metal, and it's good metal
DragonForce, 3 Inches of Blood and Anthrax are all good bands (they seem rather hated around here)

I haven't heard any Anthrax, but hear fuckin' hear. DragonForce is okay, but I love 3 Inches of Blood.

I do dislike SoaD though...

Yeah, he was definitely the wrong vocalist for maiden.

I saw something on youtube of them doing the trooper with him. He utterly massacred it. Someone in the crowd spat in his eye. He stopped the show and spent 2 minutes threatening to come beat the shit out of the guy.

Yeah, he was definitely the wrong vocalist for maiden.

I saw something on youtube of them doing the trooper with him. He utterly massacred it. Someone in the crowd spat in his eye. He stopped the show and spent 2 minutes threatening to come beat the shit out of the guy.

I'd be pretty pissed off too if I had a bunch of people show up at my shows just to insult me. Blaze couldn't do some of the classics properly, and recieved a lot of hate for it. Sure, he was kind of misplaced, but his voice really fits their new sound on The X Factor.

I got a bootleg from the Blaze era which is actually quite good. Some of the songs, like Afraid to Shoot Strangers, really benefit from his voice.

It was an interesting choice though, to go with a vocalist so radically different from Bruce. It's like they did the opposite of selling out.

I just thought it was odd that someone with In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Pantera in their sig called Jimi Hendrix over-rated.

-King Diamond's vocals (for both KD and Mercyful Fate), when he sounds high-pitched like a little kid going "eeee!", are so fucking awful.... and this is coming from someone who thinks Cirith Ungol's vocals are quite tolerable.

I find anything post Fatal Portrait pretty much unlistenable because of King's vocals. And Tim Baker's vocals are more than "quite tolerable"!