Controversial opinions on metal

Wormed is the most hilarious band I've ever heard. I can't stop laughing; he sounds like a fucking frog.

I think everyone agrees he sounds like a frog. That said, I agree that it's goofy as fuck (I still like it, though!)

Didn't read the thread but I'll share mine

I don't like Iron Maiden
I like Brutal Death Metal
I find a lot of black metal that some people go nuts over to be just okay

Also Wormed is amazing. I have a huge man crush on Phlegeton

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is Maiden's 3rd worst album, and its successor (No Prayer for the Dying) is bested only by Killers through Powerslave.

Among the Living and State of Euphoria would be on par St. Anger if they were as long.

Turbo kicks a fair bit of ass.

People wouldn't praise Heathen's Victims of Deception nearly as much if Stone's No Anesthesia and Artillery's By Inheritance were posted free on their respective band's websites.

I'll post a few of mine.

I hate Maiden and Priest.
Can't get into any Powermetal or Brutal Death.
I don't like any of Death's albums before Individual Thought Patterns.

Well I am stoned at the moment:p
It all comes down to the singers. If i dislike a singer, i dislike the band etc. Both bands are held on a pedestal by the whole metal community which I don't agree with. Bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Venom, Bathory should receive more praise than Priest or Maiden. While Priest has a few good drinking songs "Livin' After Midnight" and others, they just aren't my thing. And the only song by Maiden that I can tolerate is 2 Minutes Til Midnight.

I like industrial black metal, which apparently gets a lot of hate from many of the stalwarts here. I haven't understood why.

oooh I think I have a good one. My opinions are always unconventional...

I really hope that Cryptopsy becomes totally metalcore and gets really popular. BUT... they only do that for one album, two at most. Then they go back to their old, heavy, death metal style. And even if they never went back to their old style... I think it'd be pretty interesting. 'Cause if Cryptopsy got really huge, the metalcore crowd would listen to their metalcore stuff and then go retroactive on their catalogue, and get into technical death metal. And I'm sure most people 'round here don't want metalcore kids to be into technical death metal, but I think it's a wonderful idea to spread good music to more people.

We'd all make fun of the guys right now but the next generation would have been converted by the brutality of Cryptopsy. Everybody needs a gateway, ya know? Could be Metallica, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, System of a Down, Danzig, Pantera, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Linkin Park, Korn, Trivium, Rammstein. Could be Cryptopsy for the next generation of true metalheads like us. ;)

oooh I think I have a good one. My opinions are always unconventional...

I really hope that Cryptopsy becomes totally metalcore and gets really popular. BUT... they only do that for one album, two at most. Then they go back to their old, heavy, death metal style. And even if they never went back to their old style... I think it'd be pretty interesting. 'Cause if Cryptopsy got really huge, the metalcore crowd would listen to their metalcore stuff and then go retroactive on their catalogue, and get into technical death metal. And I'm sure most people 'round here don't want metalcore kids to be into technical death metal, but I think it's a wonderful idea to spread good music to more people.

We'd all make fun of the guys right now but the next generation would have been converted by the brutality of Cryptopsy. Everybody needs a gateway, ya know? Could be Metallica, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, System of a Down, Danzig, Pantera, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Linkin Park, Korn, Trivium, Rammstein. Could be Cryptopsy for the next generation of true metalheads like us. ;)

This is completely retarded. Why the hell would anyone want a decent band to become more shit simply to appease the masses?

While we're at it, let's ensure all metal albums are recorded with glossy production so people aren't turned off. All bands should sing in English and tour with Slipknot to get publicity.

Reactions: Morbid Lies87
Therion's new album absolutely OBLITERATES everything else they've done & their early stuff was boring as shit.

My thoughts exactly. Beyond Sanctorum is easily one of the top 10 death metal album ever released. Of Darkness... is also an excellent album.

Anyway, here's more controversy...besides Deathspell Omega (mainly because of Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice), I think the French black metal scene is pretty useless and boring.