Controversial opinions on metal

Pretending that the production on And Justice For All... is anything other than screwing Jason Newsted is apologistic nonsense.

Drums sound like utter trash, can't hear the bass, rest sounds okay, songs rule.

I've never heard any mix other than the original.

I've also only heard one version, but I thought maybe there were other, better sounding versions. Googled it just now and it turns out I was probably just thinking of some interviews where Lars and James have suggested that it might need a remastering or whatever.

yeah, 'soulless' is a compliment in this case, as it is with some death metal production jobs. dank, inhuman shit. it's not perfect and i sure as hell wouldn't want every metal album to sound like that, but it's totally unique and it fits.

Drums sound like utter trash, can't hear the bass, rest sounds okay, songs rule.
The ridiculous overtone on the rhythm guitars is the worst part imo.

I've also only heard one version, but I thought maybe there were other, better sounding versions. Googled it just now and it turns out I was probably just thinking of some interviews where Lars and James have suggested that it might need a remastering or whatever.
I don't know why they've never done a proper remix of it, fans would lap it up and they could right a wrong and Lars could buy some more expensive art.

Reactions: CiG
nothing beats this classic ...
10860138_711951732245426_1982923638_n.jpg

guns, guitars and thongs ftw!

Lmao! just noticed one of those is a video game guitar hhaha

Like I said, Pest from Gorgoroth:

image.jpg

Legend-kin black metal vocalist, but if his skullet were any more conspicuous, Russian satellites would be using him as a Europe-based marking beacon to plan missile coordinates.