Controversial opinions on metal

Not really.

It is perfectly justifiable to not like anything Slayer has done past HA.

you used to say that SNM was the only good album Slayer has done... now its HA, most likely because of all the shit the elitists have thrown your way... just fucking admit it, slayer blows all your art fag bands out of the water

Reactions: CiG
you used to say that SNM was the only good album Slayer has done... now its HA, most likely because of all the shit the elitists have thrown your way... just fucking admit it, slayer blows all your art fag bands out of the water

No, because I was an idiot. I never gave Slayer a proper chance past SNM. I like SNM most and HA is awesome too.

I don't like RiB - far too homogeneous an album, and it is COMPLETELY within grounds to dislike them.

However I do not think it is a shitty album. I just do not like it.

No, because I was an idiot. I never gave Slayer a proper chance past SNM. I like SNM most and HA is awesome too.

I don't like RiB - far too homogeneous an album, and it is COMPLETELY within grounds to dislike them.

However I do not think it is a shitty album. I just do not like it.

saying it's too homogenous is like criticizing punk albums for all sounding the same... THAT'S THE POINT! think of it like ten tiny pieces of a single whole. don't think of it like 10 individual songs. in any case i don't see why you wouldn't like SOH or SITA as they are more dynamic than RIB.

If the songs on Reign in Blood are ten pieces of a single whole, the whole is far too large and most of the music in between "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" should be cut out and the album repackaged as an EP. There is not enough substance to support the album. There's maybe 15 minutes of actual music in Reign in Blood which is then copied over and over with minor variations to fill the rest. This is what they call bad songwriting, filler, and Jon Schaffer's Disease.

As for punk, I don't like punk at all.

If the songs on Reign in Blood are ten pieces of a single whole, the whole is far too large and most of the music in between "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" should be cut out and the album repackaged as an EP. There is not enough substance to support the album. There's maybe 15 minutes of actual music in Reign in Blood which is then copied over and over with minor variations to fill the rest. This is what they call bad songwriting, filler, and Jon Schaffer's Disease.

This is what they call ignorance.

Blah blah blah. You don't bother to offer any legitimate defense of Reign in Blood, you just rally around your sacred cow which is in need of a good slaughtering like UltraBoris did with Master of Puppets. Was a 0% rating really justified for that album? No. Was it a good wakeup call? Hell yes.

Blah blah blah. You don't bother to offer any legitimate defense of Reign in Blood, you just rally around your sacred cow which is in need of a good slaughtering like UltraBoris did with Master of Puppets.

How about the fact that it's one of the most tightly and well constructed albums in the history of metal? There are more classic riffs on this album than most metal bands get in their entire careers. They pack more energy and intensity in 2 minutes then most metal bands do in 15. Making the album longer would totally disrupte the flow of the music. I can't make you see that scientifically any more than I could show you that Beethoven was a genius. But its a fact nonetheless. If you can't see it then it's your loss.
Also, UltraBoris is a complete fucking moron. If it isn't Judas Priest or 80's thrash then it sucks in his opinion.

Reign in Blood does not need to be longer, it needs to either be more varied and less repetitive, or it needs to be shorter. There are a grand total of two worthwhile songs on Reign in Blood and the rest of it could be pared down to a few minutes and be much better for it. Riffs alone cannot carry an album, you need songwriting, dynamics, tempo changes, interesting rhythms, or it all starts to melt into one blob unless it's kept very short (EP length). As for UltraBoris, I do not agree with him all the time or even 70% of the time, but he certainly has far more diverse musical tastes than you give him credit for, including Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, W.A.S.P., and even Helloween. Hell, he didn't even seem to regard Badmotorfinger with more than mild distaste.