Controversial opinions on metal

No, just because he can have a big, fat production and loads of electronics, seems he's some kind of genius. For me, the real metal genius would have one advantage over this clown: they could write a damn song worth listening to.

Alrighty.... my opinion on metal is as follows.

1. Cryptopsy are no more. Any-naysayers clearly have not heard their last "offering",and for those who have and still disagree.....then I strongly suggest emerging back into the shadows of the gay bar bathrooms from which you came from.

2. Falsetto or other high pitched vocals are NOT cool. I don't know how many otherwise talented bands (such as Maiden, Priest, etc.) have been ruined by this attrocious type of vocal faggotry. Putting your balls in a vice and then wailing into a nearest microphone is by no way metal Ladies and Germs...it's just gay.

3. Black metal (or other types of metal like Viking metal) where you dress up in silly cosumes is generally not cooL. IMO bands like that who rely more or less on flash and not substance are pathetically laughable. If you suck instrumentally, lyrically, etc. then PLEASE why can't you be honest and give it up go back to a day job....instead of hiding all of your suckyness behind fruity costumes, armor, swords, corpsepaint, etc. Face it, it's not being BR00TAL or tr00, it's being dishonestly queer.

4. Swearing excessively in your songs is not "metal". It shows how lyrically desperate, starved for creativity,and ignorant you truly are. Having 20+ "fuck"'s in your songs is by no means "shocking", "brutal", or "badass" it just shows how pressed for inspiration one truly is.

2. Falsetto or other high pitched vocals are NOT cool. I don't know how many otherwise talented bands (such as Maiden, Priest, etc.) have been ruined by this attrocious type of vocal faggotry. Putting your balls in a vice and then wailing into a nearest microphone is by no way metal Ladies and Germs...it's just gay.

3. Black metal (or other types of metal like Viking metal) where you dress up in silly cosumes is generally not cooL. IMO bands like that who rely more or less on flash and not substance are pathetically laughable. If you suck instrumentally, lyrically, etc. then PLEASE why can't you be honest and give it up go back to a day job....instead of hiding all of your suckyness behind fruity costumes, armor, swords, corpsepaint, etc. Face it, it's not being BR00TAL or tr00, it's being dishonestly queer.

A lot of bands that use corpse paint and props actually are good musicians. Theatrics and role-playing don't automatically mean that a band is terrible at playing music.

And falsetto/high vocals can be way cool. You just have to find the right band. :cool:

1. Cryptopsy are no more. Any-naysayers clearly have not heard their last "offering",and for those who have and still disagree.....then I strongly suggest emerging back into the shadows of the gay bar bathrooms from which you came from.

4. Swearing excessively in your songs is not "metal". It shows how lyrically desperate, starved for creativity,and ignorant you truly are. Having 20+ "fuck"'s in your songs is by no means "shocking", "brutal", or "badass" it just shows how pressed for inspiration one truly is.

I fail to see how Maiden's vocals are too high. I'm going to go ahead and agree that lots of bands who dress up are still great. To be honest you can say you don't like the music instead of relating everything to homosexuality and continuously calling it "gay". Tool.

I fail to see how Maiden's vocals are too high. I'm going to go ahead and agree that lots of bands who dress up are still great. To be honest you can say you don't like the music instead of relating everything to homosexuality and continuously calling it "gay". Tool.
Thanks for summing up my opinion on that post. I agree wholeheartedly except with more colorful language to piss him off.

1. Lamb Of God is a damned decent band. Sacrement is a cool album.

5. Behemoth's "Apostasy" is a good album.
I agree on both.

4. Emperor sucks.

6. Power metal, of any kind, is absolutely worthless.

Disagreed. Emperor is a fucking awesome band, and power metal is fun to listen to (if not taken seriously).

Devourer_Of_Vaginal_Skin said:

Die in a fire.

Yes, Demigod is more stale and mechanical than Zos Kia Cultus, which IMO is their best album. But Demigod is still better than The Apostasy, which is hardly even death metal.
I think Demigod each song had its own orignal sound to it and Toward Babylon was an amazing song over I think the album was much better then Zos Kia Cultus

I think hands down the best albums were Satanica then Thelma 6, Then Grom

ozzy is over-rated and has never been a good vocalist
iron maiden and judas priest suck
most power metal sounds gay
Lamb of God is a good band
nothing is > then every Carcass song ever lol
Type O Negative isnt cool
falsetto vocals are very gay
Mortuus (Arioch) = Best Black Metal Vocalist Ever
Tool sucks
for the most part Deicide's new stuff is better
Acid Bath > all other Sludge metal