Controversial opinions on metal

I give up on you.

To the ignore list. For my sanity.

Damn, and I really wanted a relationship....fuck.

Dio is a horrid vocalist.

Sepultura's Roots is a cool disc, as is Fear Factory's Digimortal. BOTH albums get more shit than they actually deserve.

George Fisher is the superior of the Cannibal Corpse vocalists.

Slayer's "Show No Mercy" is easily their WORST release.

Sepultura's Roots is a cool disc, as is Fear Factory's Digimortal. BOTH albums get more shit than they actually deserve.

Blimey, what a list! I won't flame any of them, as the point of this thread is kind of to say what most people won't in any other threads! However, allow me to rebut them from my perspective.

1) Dio is a brilliant vocalist. However, much of his solo stuff is pretty "meh". For best results, listen to Heaven and Hell on repeat until ready to munch on his diminutive stump.

2) Roots is really rather awful and about 45% responsible for keeping NU-metal limping along.

3)I don't mind either CC vocalist.

4) I'll say it once and I'll say it again, DIM blows chunks.

This thread has actually become controversial now. Thanks SUAD

Hahaha....hey man, I figure I'm on topic, and these are my actual opinions. I see no controversy, different folks like different things. I listen to a shit-ton of metal, just not what a lot of the traditional crowd will tout as "the greatest ever", that's all. The concept of this thread is actually really cool for those who can keep from resorting to kindergarten-like insults over people's opinions.

1) Dio is a brilliant vocalist. However, much of his solo stuff is pretty "meh". For best results, listen to Heaven and Hell on repeat until ready to munch on his diminutive stump.
I just never liked his voice, man. Operatic vocals are like nails on a chalkboard for me, and even though I can find small parts of both Maiden and Priest that I can dig, Dio is just impossible.

2) Roots is really rather awful and about 45% responsible for keeping NU-metal limping along.

yeah, I know that's the general concensus, but I consider that album far heavier than, say, any Korn or Limp Bizkit (puke) release.

3)I don't mind either CC vocalist.
As Cannibal Corpse is my all-time favorite band, I can enjoy both vocalists, I just think George is better. It irritates the fuck out of me when people STILL bring Barnes up at Cannibal shows.

4) I'll say it once and I'll say it again, DIM blows chunks.
Scrum? Point? Bitter Piece? ......no? ok, I had to try. :heh:

Ah, and Corrosion Of Conformity's "Blind" was (in my opinion, naturally) their best release.

Yes

Deliverance, actually.

Deliverance is pretty good

I couldn't get into The Arms of God at all.

Listen to it until you like it. Out of the ones I own, this is how they rank:

Blind
ITAOG
Deliverance
Animosity

Everything they've done is fucking great though. Still need Wiseblood and America's Volume Dealer, but I don't think either of those will come close to even ITAOG, which is the album that single-handedly got me into CoC

Interesting. I can *see* why some people might salivate over Legion, but to be honest the production is simply terrible, and the song writing isn't anything like as advanced as it would later become.

My fave Deicide albums are Serpents of the Light and Once upon the Cross

I totally agree with this post from top to bottom.

Well, I guess you don't HAVE to, but it helps. If you have the patience anyways, then you wouldn't. I wasn't when I first listened to them, but that seems to help others appreciate them.

Do you always have to be sarcastic and condescending?

1. :lol:
2. :lol:
3. :lol:
4. Correct. :cool:
5. :lol: