Controversial opinions on metal

Alrighty.... my opinion on metal is as follows.

1. Cryptopsy are no more. Any-naysayers clearly have not heard their last "offering",and for those who have and still disagree.....then I strongly suggest emerging back into the shadows of the gay bar bathrooms from which you came from.

2. Falsetto or other high pitched vocals are NOT cool. I don't know how many otherwise talented bands (such as Maiden, Priest, etc.) have been ruined by this attrocious type of vocal faggotry. Putting your balls in a vice and then wailing into a nearest microphone is by no way metal Ladies and Germs...it's just gay.

3. Black metal (or other types of metal like Viking metal) where you dress up in silly cosumes is generally not cooL. IMO bands like that who rely more or less on flash and not substance are pathetically laughable. If you suck instrumentally, lyrically, etc. then PLEASE why can't you be honest and give it up go back to a day job....instead of hiding all of your suckyness behind fruity costumes, armor, swords, corpsepaint, etc. Face it, it's not being BR00TAL or tr00, it's being dishonestly queer.

4. Swearing excessively in your songs is not "metal". It shows how lyrically desperate, starved for creativity,and ignorant you truly are. Having 20+ "fuck"'s in your songs is by no means "shocking", "brutal", or "badass" it just shows how pressed for inspiration one truly is.
1. if your referring to that new singer yeah thats fucked up and gay

2.Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad I think bands like Dragon Force, Nightwish and 3iob are made by the vocals and DIO, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest are just amazing.

3.Yes it absolutely is unless Slipknot does it Turisas, and Gwar just add fun to there already silly bands and with Black Metal seeing them dressed as that jsut adds to the atmospheric effect....it seems weird when they don't have costumes like with Goatwhore the music wasn't bad but just didn't seem right. When I saw Dark Funeral live that was intense and the costumes just made it so much better same with Chthonic

I can't stand Slayer. Something about it bothers me (and no it isn't the vocals). They have great riffs and I like the vocals just the way they construct their songs turns me off.

I see plenty of diversity when you look at their first four albums. But within the individual albums themselves there is much less diversity I guess.

You know what i don't like, all the American Black Metal bands, especially Xasthur and those other one man bands except for Judas Iscariot.

Completely wrong

This.

The first three albums kick so much ass, it's ridiculous.

the only deicide album i have yet to hear is 'in torment in hell' from the reviews i've read it's supposed to awful though. actually i like every deicide album that i have heard but the first two are the best, easily.

Interesting. I can *see* why some people might salivate over Legion, but to be honest the production is simply terrible, and the song writing isn't anything like as advanced as it would later become.

My fave Deicide albums are Serpents of the Light and Once upon the Cross.

And, to continue in my heretical ramblings, I also think that "In Torment In Hell", while not a classic, has more than its fair share of good moments - enough, indeed, to make it a 6.5/10

ozzy is over-rated and has never been a good vocalist
iron maiden and judas priest suck
most power metal sounds gay
Lamb of God is a good band
nothing is > then every Carcass song ever lol
Type O Negative isnt cool
falsetto vocals are very gay
Mortuus (Arioch) = Best Black Metal Vocalist Ever
Tool sucks
for the most part Deicide's new stuff is better
Acid Bath > all other Sludge metal

1. totally agree... works with Black Sabbath tunes though.
2. agree, though I wouldn't say suck. They're just over-rated.
3. yeah pretty much
4. no they're not
5. nah, but they did kick ass... Heartwork is one of the best engineered metal albums EVER.
6. yes they are... you know they're taking the piss right?
7. agree. you need a different adjective though.
8. nah, that would be the dude from Necrodeath.
9. just boring
10. nah, the self titled & Amon still float my boat. The rest don't hold my attention.. probably put that down to nostalgia though.
11. no opinion, haven't heard em yet

ozzy is over-rated and has never been a good vocalist
iron maiden and judas priest suck
[...]
Type O Negative isnt cool
falsetto vocals are very gay
Mortuus (Arioch) = Best Black Metal Vocalist Ever
Tool sucks
[...]

hatwc2dh3.png

;)

(Tool members own a lot of other musicians, btw)

the only deicide album i have yet to hear is 'in torment in hell' from the reviews i've read it's supposed to awful though. actually i like every deicide album that i have heard but the first two are the best, easily.

I like Serpents of the Light and The Stench of Redemption is okay, but the first three are far superior to anything else in their catalog