Controversial opinions on metal

hatwc2dh3.png

;)

(Tool members own a lot of other musicians, btw)

:lol:

i just dont like tools sound.

lol, why do the people that care have to look so gay:erk:

Meshuggahs "anything" is almost impossible for me to listen to.

That new one is a beast, man, I have to admit. The thing that throws me off with "Nothing" is the stupid quirky time signatures and the god-awful droning going on from basically the third to last song on that album. Not to mention their vocalist was shockingly monotone for the duration of that disc....and as a death metal fan, if you can bore me with a monotonous vocal, something is wrong.

I just never liked his voice, man. Operatic vocals are like nails on a chalkboard for me, and even though I can find small parts of both Maiden and Priest that I can dig, Dio is just impossible.
Have you heard Dehumanizer? He somewhat ditches the operatic vocals in favor of a more aggressive, harsh voice.

WHAT THE FUCK??? dio is GOD! he is a brilliant vocalist. it's ok, if you don't like his vocals, but you can't seriously say he is horrid...and btw, he is NOT operatic! Pavarotti was operatic...
I wouldn't go so far as to say Dio is god... he can get very stale/monotonous after awhile.

But I think he's pretty decent, especially when he puts some aggression into his voice.

I think Meshuggah are one of the most overrated bands and that people into the band make their music to be more interesting,complex,technical,prog than it actually is.

Meshuggah are everything you said they're not quite and more.

Well, s/he (that's not to say that Death Delirium is both man and woman; I merely man that I'm unsure as to her/his gender) said that Meshuggah aren't quite as "interesting, complex, technical, prog" as fans of the band make them out to be. Then, I said that, in my opinion, Meshuggah are everything that s/he said that they weren't quite and, not only are they all of those things, they're even more than those things. Thus,
Meshuggah are everything you said they're not quite and more.

Wow. Sorry.