Controversial opinions on metal

I'm pretty sure at least 3 of the last 5 posters hasn't even heard it. I haven't heard it yet so I'm not going to form an opinion of it until I do so. I heard one track that was decent though.

I was forced to listen to it many times and it was :puke: his screaming is just fucking annoying.

I dont know if this would be considered controversial or not but....im going to have to say that Cannibal Corpse is the best death metal band ever period, with possibly a couple exceptions.

Cannibal Corpse sounds like a whole bunch of monkeys who got ahold of instruments. On second thought, they ARE monkeys who got ahold of instruments.

I don't get Cannibal Corpse, really. I've only heard Tomb of the Mutilated, but with the exception of Hammer Smashed Face, the only standout track, it's just a homogeneous mess of brutality.

it's just a homogeneous mess of brutality.

I doubt this is extremely controversial in general, though it could be here since a lot of people like this kind of music, but this sums up my opinion of pretty much all brutal death metal.

CC = Great Death Metal, solid albums, great live shows.

They're not mindless cavemen, but talented musicians. Alex Webster's bass lines are just insane. Pat O'Brien is a great guitar player, and makes a great duo with Rob Barret. George's DM vocals are among the best.

Don't know how controversial this may sound, but I like them a lot better with George on vocals. Can't stand Barnes' era stuff.

Yah, or you could say black metal is just poorly produced, simplistic crap, with weak screeches for vocals accompanied by other shit purely done to fulfill an aesthetic. Of course it's not, but one can easily make such judgements like these on any style of music that they don't care for.