Controversial opinions on metal

and who gives a fuck about their repetition, it is an integral part of their sound, much like it is for Burzum.

only burzum does it way fucking better, and is also generally gunning for an ambient effect. I get the vibe that Primordial are lazy songwriters tbh. But, like I said the vocals are pretty sick, though, and overall I did like To The Nameless Dead

also Opeth are generally a very good band and whoever said Watershed sounded like Ghost Reveries is tripping balls

Because Still Life sucks. I find it boring and utterly underwhelming. Nothing about that album is exciting at all.

the cover art is pretty cool.

only burzum does it way fucking better, and is also generally gunning for an ambient effect. I get the vibe that Primordial are lazy songwriters tbh. But, like I said the vocals are pretty sick, though, and overall I did like To The Nameless Dead

Burzum and Primordial are different beasts, while Burzum uses repetition for ambiance Primordial uses it for an epic feel.

The complete conviction that Primordial oozes (fuck yeah), proves them to be anything BUT lazy.

Watershed sounds like Ghost Reveries if it didn't completely suck.

Yeah, because Agalloch is a better band, so they don't need to compare with Opeth. They also don't play similar music, so there's no point in even discussing something so stupid.

lol

Agalloch is FAR superior to Opeth in every respect aside from perhaps technical ability.

:erk:

Jesus Christ people. Agalloch is boring as fuck and and their songwriting is barely above the level of ambient music. Opeth aren't perfect, but they at least know what a riff is.

:erk:

Jesus Christ people. Agalloch is boring as fuck and and their songwriting is barely above the level of ambient music. Opeth aren't perfect, but they at least know what a riff is.

This statement made me go 'wat' for multiple reasons and I hope you choose to expand upon WTF you're talking about here.

I find the following people to be completely useless to the metal forum and don't even bother reading their posts. When I say "useless" I mean useless to me because either they have different taste, have shitty opinions, or are just annoying.

SouthernTrendkill
ShredHeadJHJ
The Ozzman
King Drunkard
vihris-gari
seedofvengeance
mutantllama
Belligerent

Except The Ozzman rules...

I find the following people to be completely useless to the metal forum and don't even bother reading their posts. When I say "useless" I mean useless to me because either they have different taste, have shitty opinions, or are just annoying.

SouthernTrendkill
ShredHeadJHJ
The Ozzman
King Drunkard
vihris-gari
seedofvengeance
mutantllama
Belligerent

You’d better start runnin’
‘Cause you know that I’m comin’
Cocked and loaded I never miss
I’m onto your game