Controversial opinions on metal

It's kind of cool in a weird way that Rob Halford is gay. He's a gay person in the media who doesn't annoy me to the extreme.

Yeah it's kinda cool. Except when I first learned he was gay. I was like 12 or 13. Then all of a sudden i'm thinkin of the song "Turbo Lover" and the album "Point of Entry" and goin eww...

Mathiäs;7747257 said:
Well I don't like to compare the two, as they are completely different styles of black metal, but I agree anyway

I'm comparing them in quality rather than in style, since all 3 bands are extremely different and all 3 bands are extremely good.

Det Frysende Nordariket is really incredible, but I've also enjoyed every single Ildjarn album, not to mention Ildjarn-Nidhogg and Sort Vokter. My favorite work from him is probably Forest Poetry. I haven't heard Ildjarn Is Dead yet, though.

I'd say the main reason this is controversial is because his music is hard for some people to enjoy. :)

I really do not like Ildjarn. I have tried and tried to "get it" but I still cannot hear anything redeeming about that music. Ildjarn pretty much has nothing that I look for in metal music, and believe you me, I like minimalism just as much as the next fellow.

I really do not like Ildjarn. I have tried and tried to "get it" but I still cannot hear anything redeeming about that music. Ildjarn pretty much has nothing that I look for in metal music, and believe you me, I like minimalism just as much as the next fellow.

I'm surprised to hear this coming out of your mouth... Ildjarn is raw as fuck & you always go off about the raw shit.

I like Ildjarn, but I don't necessarily "love" that style of music, however I definitely crave it on occasion.

I like them but I honestly don't get the hype. It's decent raw black metal.

I've only heard Strength and Anger and Forest Poetry. Didn't do much for me, but he's so acclaimed that I'd hesitate to disparage him based on my limited experience.