Controversial opinions on metal

I think it sounds really forced. Also, the songs are too long and James' voice reminds me of a lion in heat. I don't have a problem with long songs but if they are going to be a certain length, at least make them interesting.

He's always had a habit of being a bit out of tune anyway, so I can typically get past his vocals.

I too think the songs are to forced but they have some good stuff. Unfortunatelt the retail version is unlistenable due to the digital distortion they decided to add to it (I mean what the fuck?). THey have some pretty bad songs on there but some good ones as well. I for one is really digging The Unforgiven 3. Good lyrics and beautiful melodies.

It's a step in the right direction but not quite there yet. And now I am going to stop talking about Metallica because I feel like a homo. :lol:

That's because their first three are fucking great. I would rank them like this:

FTR
SW
HB

However controversial this may be, but I'd actually rank my top three Bodom albums like this:

FTR
HB
BD (Yes, Blooddrunk. Fuck off.)

Something Wild's a good album, but I actually can't find a single bad song on BD.

However controversial this may be, but I'd actually rank my top three Bodom albums like this:

FTR
HB
BD (Yes, Blooddrunk. Fuck off.)

No.

You haven't heard any of the songs on that album?

Blooddrunk is definitely better than AYDY?, but it's nowhere near the caliber of something like Something Wild or Follow The (fucking) Reaper. I would say BD is tied with HCDR in terms of quality

You haven't heard any of the songs on that album?
I have. Shame the album actually, y'know, doesn't have any bad songs.

The Ozzman said:
Blooddrunk is definitely better than AYDY?, but it's nowhere near the caliber of something like Something Wild or Follow The (fucking) Reaper. I would say BD is tied with HCDR in terms of quality
BD is the best work the band has done in years. It's infinitely better than both HCDR (which fucking sucked) and AYDY (which was just mediocre).

And while it's not "better" than Something Wild, I prefer it to SW.

Hate Crew Deathroll is terrible.

Imo the only CoB worth listening to is Follow the Reaper and earlier.