Controversial opinions on metal

CoF are fucking terrible. I bought their best of. Pfft it's going on ebay.

Limbonic art are about 57.9 gazillion times better.

Just get that fucking awesome black metal torrent with shit loads in it and buy the stuff you like the best.

Korn invented the 7 string guitar.

No, Steve Vai did. He might not have "technically" cut the wood & assembled the first 7-string guitar in his basement, but he was the very first person to use one in the eye of the media. He started using one roundabouts 1988, because I know he was using one with WhiteSnake & that album came out in 1989.

Korn and Fear Factory in terms of heavier music are known for the 7 strings during the 90's and made them popular,etc... I did not hear about 7 strings until these bands.

Zeph, you seem to be a big Limbonic Art nerd, do you know the name of the guy who did the artwork for "Moon In The Scorpio" and "In Abhorrence Dementia"? I bought those two albums solely because the artworks were so fucking awesome. The "Moon In The Scorpio" booklet is cool first with the mystery chick standing still, in the middle having some kind of climax and then at the back it's just an empty cliff.

Korn and Fear Factory in terms of heavier music are known for the 7 strings during the 90's and made them popular,etc... I did not hear about 7 strings until these bands.

True, but Vai was using them for quite awhile before them & he proved that you could do more with a 7 string than play drop-b power chords.

When it comes to quality over quantity Mexico beats out all other countries in terms of death metal.

Though a balance of the two is obviously achieved most properly by Sweden anyways.

Bro, all I said was that Korn didn't invent the 7-string.

& I don't think I've ever heard any Mexican death bands. Give me the top 3 standards from Mexico.

Trey Azagthoth has been using seven string guitars since Covenant, which came out in '93. I'm sure that contributed to the popularity of seven strings in the metal world. Korn and Fear Factory's use of seven strings probably only popularized it for dumb faggots.