Controversial opinions on metal

They've got a lot of boring stuff in the middle area of their discography, but recently the've gotten better IIRC.

I can't stand most Helloween. Though a friend got me there "If I Could Fly" single a few years back and I honestly loved that song. I'm not a big fan of the "power metal" vocals or style really.

Darkthrone are one of the most overrated metal bands and there is nothing musically redeeming about them for the most part.

Nah, Darkthrone has yet to release a bad album in my book.

Soulside Journey is their best album musically their most creative and best sounding album.

I'm inclined to agree with this mostly because I generally prefer death metal to black metal - not to mention it is, indeed, an EXTREMELY creative album.

Their latest two albums are a lot better and more interesting than their previous albums.

Nah but they're certainly fucking good.

I own Badmotorfinger,Superunknown, and Down On The Upside and none of them are metal.

seriously what the hell

:lol:

I own Badmotorfinger,Superunknown, and Down On The Upside and none of them are metal.

seriously what the hell

:lol:

My friend's mom gave me Louder Than Love, Superunknown & Down on the Upside on CD a few months back. I put LTL in & I couldn't make it 4 tracks into it without getting really super disgustingly bored. I used to have Badmotorfinger on CD when I was a kid & I remembered really liking it then.

Heavily distorted fast thrashy riffs and chugging palm-muted riffs aren't metal? I did not get this memo. Also, not that this is great proof or the supreme source, the most scrutinizing archive of metal bands disagrees with you.