Controversial opinions on metal

Black Sabbath is only good up through Sabotage
I don't like the first two Iron Maiden albums
WASP sucks
Behemoth is overrated
stoner doom sucks and I would rather even listen to metalcore or nu metal
Crackdust - Dented Reality is my album of 2007 after Primordial - To the Nameless Dead
I love blackened death (many elitists frown upon this)
Similarly, I like a lot of brutal death and melodeath
The Sound of Perseverance is the worst Death album by a long shot
Isis sucks
Dream Theater sucks
Entombed sucks after Clandestine

- In Flames are my favourite band, although i don't really like their newest material. Their older stuff is the shit when it comes to Melodic Death Metal / Gothenburg.

- Anders Friden used to have an awesome voice.

- Heartwork by Carcass is merely alright. It has a few awesome songs (Heartwork, This Mortal Coil) but some really shitty filler (Death Certificate).

- I hate most black metal, especially the minimalistic / low fi production garbage.

- Bloodbaths new EP is horrible, i really enjoyed the earlier records, the production and the catchyness was great... but now it's gone.

- Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates isn't THAT bad and isn't THAT good. Terminal Spirit Disease is their best work.

- Slayer are horrible, got a few decent songs (South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss) but most of it just seems recycled.

- Darkest Hour are the best metalcore band.

-Maudlin of the Well is hit-n-miss, really, and Kayo Dot just fucking sucks at writing songs in general

-Psycroptic is worse than Necrophagist

-As a whole, I liked Slough Feg's Atavism album over Down Among the Dead Men (the latter being my least favorite SF release next to Hardworlder)

-Devin Townshend is not a genius... at all

-Anaal Nathrakh is just plain awful (I can't stand the mix of harsh vocals and clean on the more recent stuff)

-Phlebotomized's Preach Eternal Gospels EP is way better than the Immense Intense Suspense full-length (partly, because its darker and more riff-based)

I've never thought I'll say this but I'm starting to think that prog rock(and its offshoots) is better than metal.
But that's probably my tastes changing. It seems like the only albums in extreme metal I still do like are progressive in nature.Oh well, at least it was fun while it lasted.
Well, there's still thrash, doom and power metal that I'm hoping will rekindle my interest as I'm quite new to these genres.

Tim Owens has a great voice AND...

His records released with Iced Earth are just as good as the Barlow material.

Maybe this isn't that controversial, but I hear a shit ton of people hammering on as to how Barlow is infinitely better than Owens.

stoner doom sucks and I would rather even listen to metalcore or nu metal

:erk:

Listen to Doomraiser, they combine stoner doom with true doom in a way that you probably wouldn't even know they are "stoner"-y. This will show you just how shallow that opinion is. What stoner doom have you even heard? One Electric Wizard CD?

Tim Owens has a great voice AND...

His records released with Iced Earth are just as good as the Barlow material.

Maybe this isn't that controversial, but I hear a shit ton of people hammering on as to how Barlow is infinitely better than Owens.
Yeah, I hate it when people say Owens is a bad singer.

Owens is just as good as Barlow. When I saw IE live, he hit every single song that Barlow sang. I think it's more the song writing that is ruining the band

Owens is just as good as Barlow. When I saw IE live, he hit every single song that Barlow sang. I think it's more the song writing that is ruining the band

I think the new albums have some good tracks, but they fail as a whole. There's just too many filler tracks (I'm speaking of Framing Armageddon) and also songs that outshine others. It's not a consistent album. Still, I love some of the songs on that record.