Controversial opinions on metal

Your signature, your top 10 list on your M-A profile, your review of Reign In Blood and statements I've seen you make I generally agree with, actually.

I'm sorry, but the idea that thrash in general (as opposed to Reign in Blood as an isolated case) sucks is...bizarre.

Get yourself some Toxik, Forbidden, and Vio-Lence and reconsider your opinion.

When "forest metal" is a term that actually gets used, it's gone too far. What happened to metal being metal. I can understand genres for the basics: Death metal, black metal, thrash, but really it's all just metal. There's a similairity between every genre. It's called metal.
METAL! METAL!

Whether it makes you angry, sad, or happy, it doesn't really matter. And this discussion is fairly pointless.

This reminds me of the guy who whined about his (I am not making this up, folks) "experimental ambient industrial vomit metal" not making it onto Metal Archives.

I dislike Iron Maiden.
For that matter, I dislike the vast majority of power metal as well.
Phil Anselmo demolishes ass at vocals.
Pantera was a great band.
So is Rammstein.
Till Lindemann rocks tits, and if you think otherwise you're a faggot.

@Ultimate Symphony: Pedestrian, yea. I'm typing in the dark.

Wah-wah solos, mushy production, uninspired stop-start tempo changes, it's a pretty unexciting album. AJFA spits out nails,the self-titled album is full of memories for me, MOP feels pretty bland for the most part.

MOP is the greatest album ever made. you must have wax in your ears.

Spiral Architect is great.

fact, not opinion.

although, they DO have CLEAN GAY VOCALS which is a BIG MINUS..and they DO have a slightly power metal feel here and there..which is a BIG MINUS AND ALSO GAY AND NOT REAL METAL ONLY FLOWER METAL...and they don't RIP AZZ AND BEAT AND AND KICK MUTHA FUCKIN AZZZZZZZ like METALLICA or PANTERA or other BANDS WITH FUCKIN STRENGTH AND FUCKIN ANGERRRRRRRRRR AND FUCKIN METALLLLLL who have FUKIN SOUL AND NOT FUCKIN WANKING ALL THE TIME ARGH

but yeah I pretty much love that band tbh

fact, not opinion.

although, they DO have CLEAN GAY VOCALS which is a BIG MINUS..and they DO have a slightly power metal feel here and there..which is a BIG MINUS AND ALSO GAY AND NOT REAL METAL ONLY FLOWER METAL...and they don't RIP AZZ AND BEAT AND AND KICK MUTHA FUCKIN AZZZZZZZ like METALLICA or PANTERA or other BANDS WITH FUCKIN STRENGTH AND FUCKIN ANGERRRRRRRRRR AND FUCKIN METALLLLLL who have FUKIN SOUL AND NOT FUCKIN WANKING ALL THE TIME ARGH

but yeah I pretty much love that band tbh

Flower metal (the phrase) ftw!

I'm not too enthralled by MOP either, the preceding and succeding albums are both better IMO, but we already has this discussion some pages ago tbh.

Every time I see/hear the phrase 'Spiral Architect' I think of that one incredibly gothic level in Doom 64..

Last edited by a moderator: