Controversial opinions on metal

There is much better prog out there than Spiral Architect.

And daffodil metal is the best kind of flower metal.

I dislike Iron Maiden.
For that matter, I dislike the vast majority of power metal as well.
Phil Anselmo demolishes ass at vocals.
Pantera was a great band.
So is Rammstein.
Till Lindemann rocks tits, and if you think otherwise you're a faggot.

You have a penis in your avatar.

MOP is more pedestrian than the Black Album, sorry guys.:erk:
I don't understand. The song structures on the Black Album are cyclical rock n roll arrangements. And the riffs are less inventive and more simplistic than they are on MoP. In fact, they purposely made the Black Album more pedestrian than anything prior to it in hopes of reaching a mainstream audience (and they were obviously successful).

I don't think the riffs are less inventive or any more simple than anything on the previous albums and the songwriting is excellent. And Justice For All for example drags on to long and there is just so much repetition the songs just should have been cut 3,4 minutes and the arrangements are just as basic as the s/t just highly repetitive. The s/t might have more rock arrangments but there is still the same ammounts of riffs,etc.. and the band just figured out how to put songs together which makes it a much stronger effort.

Death Magnetic for example might resemble their 80's albums in terms of structure and music, but it's just a rehash and atleast with their s/t they sounded like an inspired band moving forward with their music instead of recording the same album again. I can and if want to can listen to 80's metallica anytime I want. fuck rehash trying to resemble past recordings shit(do a fucking side project)

I don't understand. The song structures on the Black Album are cyclical rock n roll arrangements. And the riffs are less inventive and more simplistic than they are on MoP. In fact, they purposely made the Black Album more pedestrian than anything prior to it in hopes of reaching a mainstream audience (and they were obviously successful).

Dude, he already gave up that that word in particular wasn't the best one to use :loco:.

Comparing between genres is pointless and absurd IMHO. I can understand comparing Chasm with MA, but Slayer? Seriously WTF that's like two whole different things.

Comparing between genres is pointless and absurd IMHO. I can understand comparing Chasm with MA, but Slayer? Seriously WTF that's like two whole different things.

controversial opinions is teh title plz

and also it's incredibly easy to hear the Slayer influence in The Chasm post-FTLY, besides the fact that Corchado himself has stated time after time the impact Slayer had on him as a listener.

and also THE THREAD KEEPS GOING BACK TO THE SAME SLAYER DISCUSSION SO WHY NOT.

controversial opinions is teh title plz

and also it's incredibly easy to hear the Slayer influence in The Chasm post-FTLY, besides the fact that Corchado himself has stated time after time the impact Slayer had on him as a listener.

and also THE THREAD KEEPS GOING BACK TO THE SAME SLAYER DISCUSSION SO WHY NOT.
Yes. Slayer is pure thrash and the Chasm is death metal, but I agree that the Chasm are heavily influenced by Slayer. When I played them for my roommate for the first time (who likes big four thrash and metalcore along with stuff from just about every genre of music) he commented that the guitars sounded a lot like "old school Slayer" to him.