Controversial opinions on metal

Agreed, especially Carelian Satanist Madness. Not sure how anyone can fault this, as it owns.

It's really generic and average sounding, which is a fault to me. I just can't think of anything positive about his music that hasn't been done better time and time again since the 90's by real innovators and more talented bands who followed in their footsteps. It's a snooze-fest.

Maybe you should, since you're the one who thinks such a bland album is so great.

I agree with Omni about Satanic Warmaster, and Archgoat just seems to be easily the worst old school finnish bm band imo. The rest of the bands mentioned I haven't heard so I can't comment on them.

Maybe you should, since you're the one who thinks such a bland album is so great.

I really don't see how it's bland. Every song is very much catchy but still raw and powerful. The last track is even an organ piece with his vocals over it, which is (maybe funny) but not even close to generic as I don't hear many organ pieces with black metal vocals over them. Maybe you have, I dunno. I think he has very derivative works, but CSM isn't one of them at all. Now, Clandestine Blaze...there's some derivative Finnish bm :p