Controversial opinions on metal

You came down pretty hard on the style as a whole, while leaving yourself an out by saying there are exceptions. It was awfully heavy on generalizations about the weaker bands in the genre. It's a mad libs argument. Genre/style x sucks because most of the bands are a, b, and c, except for some of them. Such arguments are tiresome because they tend to apply to the bands that no one listens to, which makes up a majority of bands. It's like when people say USBM is a bunch of bedroom lo-fi depressive stuff. Sure, that's a big part, but mostly not the part worth paying attention to.

Tons of people do listen to the bands that I was talking about. There are so many fairly popular depressive black metal bands that squarely fit the description that I just gave, even though not all of them do and some bands who also fit are fairly obscure. It might be the case with many styles of music, but depressive black metal has a much higher rate of bands who do match what I said than don't, and many of them are very popular.

I just get pretty tired of people raining on my parade when I talk about the bands I like. And when in the minority opinion, you have to be a little louder to be heard.

You may have to voice your opinions more, but you don't have to make incorrect assumptions about people who criticize your music of choice and provide very clear and complete explanations of their opinions, since that makes you the person who's wrong.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there must be some algorithm for predicting how any conversation on this board involving Omni will progress.

I finally listened to about half of the new Slayer earlier & it wasn't bad. I will be listening to some more of it tomorrow so that I can form an opinion on it. Seems the best since Seasons/Divine; can't tell which one yet.

I finally listened to about half of the new Slayer earlier & it wasn't bad. I will be listening to some more of it tomorrow so that I can form an opinion on it. Seems the best since Seasons/Divine; can't tell which one yet.
Wait, it's leaked?

PM link plox.

Because mentioning Opeth in any thread will cause a 2 page de-rail in which Opeth fanboys/girls and the anti Opeth crowd will argue about Opeth before someone brings the thread back on topic.

So after going back and forth on it I think I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing really special about Close To A World Below.

at least they usually don't end in opeth, she's got that over a number of posters
:lol:

Because mentioning Opeth in any thread will cause a 2 page de-rail in which Opeth fanboys/girls and the anti Opeth crowd will argue about Opeth before someone brings the thread back on topic.

Actually it's mostly because there will be an interminable "best Opeth album" discussion among the Opeth fanboys. Opeth haters generally just don't want to talk about Opeth.