Controversial opinions on metal

Grindcore > Brutal Death Metal. By far.

USBM is great.

I'd rather pour hot oil into my ears than listening to Grindcore, I'm not a big fan of slam/brutal death metal either, but least there are few awesome brutal death metal bands out there.

^ educate yourself with pig destroyer, you ignorant slut!

C'mon. You know you like it. Just a little?

~90% of metal is monotonous shit, ritually listened to and bought by blinkered, closed-minded morons.

And thanks for reminding us, man. Hope you feel that much better for putting down others.

The guy above you obviously did. Why have a go at me for stating an opinion and not him? I think my original point still stands.

Sure thing, man.
Although I'd say that insering random and meaningless percentage values into a post doesn't make it actual.
The majority of metal may have held no lasting appeal for you, (you've either grown out of it or chosen to disassociate yourself from the audience ) but leave it to those who still derive enjoyment from the music.

that insering random and meaningless percentage values into a post doesn't make it actual.

But it does make it my opinion. It's also my opinion by virtue of the fact that it was me who just said it. The percentage of people who don't understand this is astounding (approximately 70).

But it does make it my opinion. It's also my opinion by virtue of the fact that it was me who just said it. The percentage of people who don't understand this is astounding (approximately 70).
How insightful of you. I haven't thought of that.
You're still making groundless blanket statements about an entire group of people who listen to music you no longer have any interest in so what's the point in joining this community then? Just because you can?

A good portion of metal music does actually suck and a good portion of people who like metal music think everything sucks,etc...