Controversial opinions on metal

Mustaine is not a better vocalist and sounds terrible and basically has always been a useless vocalist. Atleast James sounded great at one point.
Both of them are the respective weak links in their bands, vocal-wise. I don't think James has ever sounded good, merely okay, then just progressively worse.

When did you start liking powermetal? I thought you never liked it. I know you have always liked trad metal though.
I have always liked some power metal. I own some original CDs of early Helloween, early Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, etc. I certainly don't like all power metal, and I definitely don't like flower metal (Sonata Arctica, Rapsody, etc.). I do have to be in the right mood to listen to power metal, though.

I have always liked some power metal. I own some original CDs of early Helloween, early Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, etc. I certainly don't like all power metal, and I definitely don't like flower metal (Sonata Arctica, Rapsody, etc.). I do have to be in the right mood to listen to power metal, though.
This is what I figured your response would be actually. I'll have to check out Grave Digger, are they 'macho' power metal?

I really still can't stand listening to Meshuggah and Gojira - still seems like their vocalists didn't even try to train themselves in some extreme vocals, they're both just yelling in a microphone to me.

I don't listen to gojira, but meshuggah isn't the kind of band people listen to just to hear the vocals, and i think he blends in great.

This is what I figured your response would be actually. I'll have to check out Grave Digger, are they 'macho' power metal?

I figured the same, lulz. Or that he was going to plug Fates Warning and 'Painkiller'.

You must check out a trio of classic German speed/power: Grave Digger, Running Wild, Rage. plz to PM with e-mail infos so this songs may become available to you.

I really still can't stand listening to Meshuggah and Gojira - still seems like their vocalists didn't even try to train themselves in some extreme vocals, they're both just yelling in a microphone to me.

I don't really like Meshuggah much but the guys vocals fit perfectly with the music. Death metal vocals would sound stupid over Meshuggah.

Not a big meshuggah fan, but I actually love Duplantier's vocals for Gojira. They're really emotive for me...