Controversial opinions on metal

Makes a huge difference though. The KsE version climaxes, where the Dio version leaves you with blue balls. Not to mention Howard Jones can sing circles around Dio.

This is true. Although the original is still good, KSE's version is better.

Fuck everyone who says "OMGKSEBUTCHEREDHOLYDIVER".

Howard Jones...circles...Dio...BANHAMMER!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Howard circles around Dio, but he's by no means a shitty singer. The guy's dead on hitting his clean notes live and he also does a great job with his screams, one of the best ''metal'' singers i've seen live that's for sure.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Howard circles around Dio, but he's by no means a shitty singer. The guy's dead on hitting his clean notes live and he also does a great job with his screams, one of the best ''metal'' singers i've seen live that's for sure.

Pretty much.

KSE may not be the greatest band in the world, but give their singer some credit.

His range kinda sucks.

Comparing the covers...
The KSE guitars slaughter the awesomeness of the original. It doesn't sound remotely epic. You can't hear the bass. That idiot has no range and just sings in a monotone until he starts screaming and just ruins it. The pinch harmonics have absolutely no place in this song. Butchering is completely accurate.

His range kinda sucks.

Comparing the covers...
The KSE guitars slaughter the awesomeness of the original. It doesn't sound remotely epic. You can't hear the bass. That idiot has no range and just sings in a monotone until he starts screaming and just ruins it. The pinch harmonics have absolutely no place in this song. Butchering is completely accurate.

I haven't heard the aforementioned cover, so I can't comment on that. Range, that's another story. Their playing style does not leave much room for acrobatics and while they play in a pretty strict style, he still finds way to do his job efficiently.

There's no way one can judge his range with his work KsE, but his live work proves that he's pretty damn good. He knows how to project his voice and always maintains a good vibrato throughout the songs, pretty much covering all the bases of a regular singer and still does screams as well. I have more respect for a vocalist that does his clean vocals efficiently (on a live setting) while doing harsh vocals as well.

KSE may not be the greatest band in the world, but give their singer some credit.

Exactly, give credit where credit is due.

I actually really liked the screamed vocals. Then again, I don't really mind screamed metalcore vocals in general... but I digress.

Not to mention, another plus for the cover: I'd rather listen to their drummer over Vinny fucking Appice anyday. What a fucking terrible drummer.

His range kinda sucks.

Comparing the covers...

All of this is just blatantly wrong.