Controversial opinions on metal

WAIF is the last one to give me unconditional praise. You obviously don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

So you care more about superficialities than about music?
A concert is about putting up a performance. That includes more than just the music, and things like image, attitude, flashiness, on stage those are far more than just 'superficialities'

Dio is an egotistical hobbit with some serious issues.

Master of Puppets is overrated. Does not deserve to be called the "best thrash album"

Slayer is overrated too.

Judas Priest are a bunch tired leather queens.

Why do people insist that EVERYONE who listens to metal, listens to Metallica. I'm tired of "I listen to metal" -"so do you like Metallica" bullshit.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with some bands/things. Will come up with more, that's for sure.

so basically you fail at metal... awesome thanks for the info.

A concert is about putting up a performance. That includes more than just the music, and things like image, attitude, flashiness, on stage those are far more than just 'superficialities'
Those things are superficialities. Some of the best live performances I've seen were from guys who just stood stationary and played their parts. In general, I'm underwhelmed by live performances though. Concerts are more worth it for socializing than seeing bands half the time.

Those things are superficialities. Some of the best live performances I've seen were from guys who just stood stationary and played their parts. In general, I'm underwhelmed by live performances though. Concerts are more worth it for socializing than seeing bands half the time.

Yeah, I am kind of turned off by concerts in general unless it is something like Sunn 0))) or Boris.

Boris is outstanding live, btw. I thought they ruled when I saw them in a crappy bar, and the bands they toured with all said it was their worst show. Seeing them play Just Abandoned My-Self was really something.