Controversial opinions on metal

Why is Christian Metal a contradiction?

Lots of metal bands sing about real issues, politics, love, fantasy...so who cares about lyrics being about the Lord? I fail to see how lyrical content = good song structure and killer musicianship.

As for Mortification - get the eff out of here! lol...I'm not a huge fan, but they write some awesome riffs. You can't even tell what they are singing about - yet you make your opinion based on their Christian image. That's effing retarded and close minded...just like all the people who think Metal = satan.

X

Because, as I already stated, part of the experience for me is imagery. I don't like xian imagery. Period.

And yes I can tell what Mortification are singing about. 'Noah was a knower'... gay. Super gay.

Metal does not have to equal Satan, but it definitely should not equal gOD. The largest organized groups of people are xians, jews (that actually practice judaism), and muslims. Metal is about free will and thought, rebellion with a cause. So to intertwine the two is just silly.

Phlebotomized - Immense, Intense, Suspense

After analysis of lyrics and reading interviews, this is not a Christian album at all. Perhaps you should look into things more closely.

Also I haven't heard it yet, though I'm supposed to be buying it soon from some Dutch guy.

Type O Negative's pretty fucking awesome, and Peter Steele has always been a Catholic as far as I know. Not that he's the most Bible-thumping Catholic ever, but he seems to incorporate themes of guilt and sin into his lyrics a fair bit, and I think it works for the music.

Dio is an egotistical hobbit with some serious issues.

Master of Puppets is overrated. Does not deserve to be called the "best thrash album"

Slayer is overrated too.

Judas Priest are a bunch tired leather queens.

Why do people insist that EVERYONE who listens to metal, listens to Metallica. I'm tired of "I listen to metal" -"so do you like Metallica" bullshit.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with some bands/things. Will come up with more, that's for sure.

Dio is an egotistical hobbit with some serious issues.

Master of Puppets is overrated. Does not deserve to be called the "best thrash album"

Slayer is overrated too.

Judas Priest are a bunch tired leather queens.

1. - Dio rules. Shut up.

2. - MoP is a great album. It's probably not THE best thrash album of all time but still, you cannot deny the impact its had on the metal genre.

3. - Priest are awesome still, even though Nostradamus is a terrible album.

*edit* I almost forgot...Show No Mercy > you.

Why do people insist that EVERYONE who listens to metal, listens to Metallica. I'm tired of "I listen to metal" -"so do you like Metallica" bullshit.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with some bands/things. Will come up with more, that's for sure.

I'm annoyed by a lot of preconceptions about metalheads, but there ain't much to do about it but ignore them.

For that matter, I don't like Metallica much, and I'll agree that Master of Puppets is definitely overrated but any album that highly rated is bound to be considered overrated by some. It's still better than, say, shit like Reign in Blood. Bleh.