Controversial opinions on metal

You should have stalked the forum for longer before posting. You just haven't got a feel for it yet and you might piss people off and get banned.

I only argued a few times and now getting banned comes up. The only person i pissed off was Zaroff and I don't know why lol. Maybe because I wouldn't stfu about SFU and he was right about it.

Opinions are allowed, and you can defend them and all. But god forbid someone starts some shit with ya and you play back about it, suddenly it's "trolling". Acting like an ass is only acceptable behavior once you've become friends with mods at some level, that's the way it is at all forums I've been to. I got 3 days banned just for joking back and forth with Jag and some other people....interesting.

Opinions are allowed, and you can defend them and all. But god forbid someone starts some shit with ya and you play back about it, suddenly it's "trolling". Acting like an ass is only acceptable behavior once you've become friends with mods at some level, that's the way it is at all forums I've been to. I got 3 days banned just for joking back and forth with Jag and some other people....interesting.

Dodens has banned me for arguing with his atheist sidekick/boyfriend cookiecutter.

Dodens has banned me for arguing with his atheist sidekick/boyfriend cookiecutter.
:lol: The fact that you think that was the reason is further evidence of why it was good that you were banned.

TotalDeathXZero I suggest you tone it down a little. It's a little presumptuous of you to waltz into this forum and start arguing with everyone. I know you don't realize it now, but you know very little about metal.

Apparently not in your case. You have stated that COB and Skyclad are deathmetal which is technically not right and you have also stated that Skin Chamber is "not really" industrial metal but it actually is. I won't continue the Rammstein discussion because I'm sick of it but another thing is that you said most of grind and trash (!!!) is shit knowing very little about those genres (you said that), which is just silly.

EDIT: it's normal that people don't know those facts (even if they may think otherwise), but argumenting about it and acting like you're the clever one is the problem.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't even banned while I was moderator, and mods never had the power to ban.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't even banned while I was moderator, and mods never had the power to ban.

If people out of this forum have ever formed a band together, it would be called "A Power To Ban", and it would be pretty gay just like the endless arguments in this thread.

Ok i never said Skyclad was death metal. I never even mentioned Skyclad in my damn discussion. And COB is death metal. Wait let me state the correct term for you " Melodic (Death Metal)" Happy? And Skin Chamber is like In Flames. They are listed in what they shouldn't be.

Ok i never said Skyclad was death metal. I never even mentioned Skyclad in my damn discussion. And COB is death metal. Wait let me state the correct term for you " Melodic (Death Metal)" Happy? And Skin Chamber is like In Flames. They are listed in what they shouldn't be.

I'm sorry about Skyclad, I thought you have listed it as one of your top dm acts. I didn't check back, sorry.

Umm, CoB is not even melodic death metal, tbh. I don't see how any of their albums sound like any of the more melodic bands in the genre. Their earlier stuff was more shred/classical-based power metal and since moved into more generic melodic power metal stuff. I don't see very many death metal traits in their music, so please point out why you say this.

And Skin Chamber is like In Flames. They are listed in what they shouldn't be.

In Flames played melodic "gothenburgy" death metal in early years and now they just play some kind of silly melodic metal. Skin Chamber is industrial metal. Just to clear it up for you and list the bands as what they actually are.

It's alright. don't matter anymore. How about we change the topic. Let's talk about metal festivals. I'll start. Wacken 09... Bands confirmed: Amon Amarth, Airbourne, Axel Rudi Pell, Borknagar, Bullet for my Valentine, Cathedral, Callejon, DragonForce, Einherjer, Epica, GWAR, Hammerfall, Heaven and Hell, In Extremo, In Flames, Kampfar, Kingdom Of Sorrow, Korpiklaani, Lacuna Coil, Machine Head, Motörhead, Napalm Death, Nevermore, Sarke, Testament, Tracedawn, Tristania, Turisas, UFO, Volbeat, Walls of Jericho, Whiplash

Dates: July 30 - August 1

Umm, CoB is not even melodic death metal, tbh. I don't see how any of their albums sound like any of the more melodic bands in the genre. Their earlier stuff was more shred/classical-based power metal and since moved into more generic melodic power metal stuff. I don't see very many death metal traits in their music, so please point out why you say this.

Well their lyrics take a great part towards why they are melodic death metal. I agree with you though. They are best classified as Extreme metal. The reason I list them is because they arein the death metal genre and I happen to like them much. However if you want, I will list another band I like for you in the genre.