Controversial opinions on metal

It's alright. don't matter anymore. How about we change the topic. Let's talk about metal festivals. I'll start. Wacken 09... Bands confirmed: Amon Amarth, Airbourne, Axel Rudi Pell, Borknagar, Bullet for my Valentine, Cathedral, Callejon, DragonForce, Einherjer, Epica, GWAR, Hammerfall, Heaven and Hell, In Extremo, In Flames, Kampfar, Kingdom Of Sorrow, Korpiklaani, Lacuna Coil, Machine Head, Motörhead, Napalm Death, Nevermore, Sarke, Testament, Tracedawn, Tristania, Turisas, UFO, Volbeat, Walls of Jericho, Whiplash

Dates: July 30 - August 1

Not the proper thread.

Well their lyrics take a great part towards why they are melodic death metal. I agree with you though. They are best classified as Extreme metal. The reason I list them is because they arein the death metal genre and I happen to like them much. However if you want, I will list another band I like for you in the genre.

I would say that lyrics don't make the band fit into the genre. They sing about booze, self-destruction, and angst and shit like that fits more along the lines of Slipknot or whatever. I see your logic on the extreme metal thing and I'll end it there.

Umm, CoB is not even melodic death metal, tbh. I don't see how any of their albums sound like any of the more melodic bands in the genre. Their earlier stuff was more shred/classical-based power metal and since moved into more generic melodic power metal stuff. I don't see very many death metal traits in their music, so please point out why you say this.

Extreme power metal with melo-death influences tbh

I would say that lyrics don't make the band fit into the genre. They sing about booze, self-destruction, and angst and shit like that fits more along the lines of Slipknot or whatever. I see your logic on the extreme metal thing and I'll end it there.

Not that I care about the theme of the lyrics. Maybe its just certain songs revolved around the titled themes such as Follow the reaper and Lobodomy. Not a majority of what Children of Bodom are. Theres other examples but you understand what I mean.

yeah i stopped reading at this point. get an ear for subtlety or something.

i still prefer spectre to guardian though, marginally. the debut is great too btw, really underrated due to the amazingness which followed.

Because only one song off of one Fates Warning album is grounds to judge if one has the ability to pick up subtleties. How about.... I just don't think it's a very good song?

In Flames played melodic "gothenburgy" death metal in early years and now they just play some kind of silly melodic metal. Skin Chamber is industrial metal. Just to clear it up for you and list the bands as what they actually are.

Yes In Flames was at a point death metal. Now they just sound like metalcore and thats what they should be listed right now according to their latest albums. Skin Chamber though they are industrial, they sound like a technical death metal band. Now don't get me wrong but industrial has technical melody in it so I could be right on the part its technical however the death metal part was possibly a false unless the themes of the songs have something to support it leaving it to be Industrial Death Metal for a corrected term.

I'm not saying its like technical metal itself. Not a pure dose of it at least. But when im talking about technical. I'm talking about abstract portions such as sounds if you will. But then again when you see bands like In Flames listed as Melodic Death Metal it makes you ponder. As with Skin Chamber it does the same fucking thing In Flames does. The genre doesn't make sense to the band anymore.

I'm not saying its like technical metal itself. Not a pure dose of it at least. But when im talking about technical. I'm talking about abstract portions such as sounds if you will. But then again when you see bands like In Flames listed as Melodic Death Metal it makes you ponder. As with Skin Chamber it does the same fucking thing In Flames does. The genre doesn't make sense to the band anymore.

:err:

Please stop arguing with this idiot. I'm fairly certain no-one could actually be as stupid as the posts you're quoting indicate, which would make him a troll. If not, he's too retarded to be worth talking to. Either way, you all should follow my lead and put him on ignore so we can get back to flaming my retarded opinions.

Thank you.

Helloween - Keeper 1 - what's the fuss? This is really silly, insubstantial, and boring. The guitar solos are great but there's really nothing else.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! It's halloween... TONIGHT!

The epic alone makes the album worth listening to. Lots of solos, riff changes, an excellent vocalist, and all around awesomeness. German power metal peaked with its birth.

Alder-era Fates Warning is, on the whole, superior to Arch-era FW. A Pleasant Shade of Gray is probably their best album, and Perfect Symmetry and Disconnected come close to the brilliance that is Awaken the Guardian. Night on Brocken and FWX are the obvious weak links, but even they have their share of great moments.

A Pleasant Shade of Gray for some reason isn't the prog masterpiece for me that it is others. It feels like Inside Out v2 in big-fuckin-prog-song format, which thus makes it Parallels v3 and Perfect Symmetry v4. It's still good, but I dunno, feels kind of uninspired, especially compared to Disconnected.

Really? Parallels and Inside Out are pretty similar, but I don't really see much connection between those albums and APSOG or PS (aside from Through Different Eyes being the obvious precursor to the Parallels sound).