Controversial opinions on metal

nah. much better songs on hell awaits than the title track.

edit: i could do without all slayer after RiB as you might've guessed by now. first 3 are among the best music ever, any genre, period.

Slayer have never released a bad album

I have to agree with this. Slayer is one of those bands that inspire a billion different reactions from metal fans and get people polarized on the opinion circuit. I've seen people love and hate each and every Slayer album for varying reasons, some of which are mildly reasonable and understandable, others which perplex me and don't make sense. I personally enjoy all of them very much, Divine Intervention being my favorite. I really like Christ Illusion as well, and thought (in tone, production, and occasionally in riffing) that this disc sounded the most like SITA of any other Slayer offering. Seasons being my second favorite Slayer disc, I enjoy that immensely. I never really agreed with the whole "Sayer went nu-metal" or "Slayer sold-out" outlook on the band, though I know a ton of people feel that way.

Show No Mercy, you my pals

SNM
SITA
RIB
SOH
HA
DI

SNM is a hot and cold album with me, I love the tunes, they're all classics and whatnot, but I have to be in the mood for them. Tom's vocals on this album are like nails on a chalkboard every time he screeches like a woman on there. Aside from that, killer fucking album, in spite of the standard 80's cheese.

Show No Mercy is my favourite by them. It's more the classic metal platter. I would listen to Hell Awaits when in a different mood.

Here's one: anyone else think that early Broken Hope sounded almost identical to early Cannibal Corpse? Specifically Swamped In Gore and Eaten Back To Life. I think they have a ton in common and almost sound identical from production to the actual songwriting. Discuss.

Divine Intervention being my favorite.QUOTE]

Wow. I'm not going to argue that you're objectively wrong (you are), but simply put forth the theory that you are a colossal faggot for thinking that DI comes close to the likes of Reign in Blood or South of Heaven.

Divine Intervention being my favorite.QUOTE]

Wow. I'm not going to argue that you're objectively wrong (you are), but simply put forth the theory that you are a colossal faggot for thinking that DI comes close to the likes of Reign in Blood or South of Heaven.

Yeah, ok. *insert random epithet or insult, take your pick* at you too, buddy. It's music, man, no big damn deal. You like those other albums? Cool, so do I. I prefer DI though.

to bounce off some discussion in another thread, 'The Sham Mirrors' is most definitely not the best Arcturus.....a lot of it is kind of tripe IMO. :erk: 'LMI' is better. And I prefer the experimentation utilized on 'Mirrors', as well as the different concepts, lyrics, etc. But I think it's a weak album, and I find very little memorable about it...