Controversial opinions on metal

Blind Guardian should have never attempted power metal.

EDIT: Despite me loving Imaginations I would have preferred them to remain a speed metal band instead of fagging it up like they did after IFTOS.

Blind Guardian happens to be if not the best power metal band, at least one of them. I think they sound great. Especially with the considerably celtic sound :)

:lol:

NiME is passable, but still bad by BG standards.
Night at the Opera is absolutely possibly one of the worst metal albums.
A Twist in the Myth is shit.

People have such gay opinions about that band, and most of them happen to have really gay opinions about everything else too.

I'm sorry, but I like my metal to have guitars. Not a chorus made of 10,000 Hansi clones.

edit: inb4someonementionspos

Nightfall in Middle Earth is a great album, and it's also much better than Pain of Salvation's entire discography. I sometimes think you do these things just to be different, Mort.

Pain of Salvation's band name abbreviated is also an abbreviation of what I think about their music. I doubt that's really controversial, however.

Mediocre power metal !> one of the best bands in metal history

(lofty claim, but whatever, be more original with the insults and i'll keep my mouth shut about 'em)

Omni I know you're not an idiot so stop being such a try hard.

And TDXZ, oh man I don't like one of your favorite bands. Cry moar.

You're right. I'm not an idiot, which is why I like Nightfall in Middle Earth and think Pain of Salvation is a terrible band overrated by metal newbies. :)

You're right. I'm not an idiot, which is why I like Nightfall in Middle Earth and think Pain of Salvation is a terrible band overrated by metal newbies. :)

Liking Nightfall in Middle Earth isn't a symptom of idiocy, but rather a symptom of liking shoddy power metal. If I wanted to listen to something of that general style I'd listen to the last three albums from Virgin Steele. Superior in every way.

No point in defending Pain of Salvation on these boards anyways, there are maybe three people who like 'em so it'll always be a onesided situation. :Smokin:

No, they're a progressive band and have like one song that has any power metal to it. Really a great band if you want something unique and with possibly the best vocalist in music today, but people here have something against them for whatever reason.

Who and what. This is blasphemy I say. RESPECT them please. They are one of a kind.
(edit) oh nevermind thast not about Blind Guardian

No, they're a progressive band and have like one song that has any power metal to it. Really a great band if you want something unique and with possibly the best vocalist in music today, but people here have something against them for whatever reason.

As much as it sucks to agree with "people here", what I've heard from them didn't sit well with my ears, either. Singer was way too pretty for my tastes. :puke: I think that's why I was thinking them a power metal band.