Controversial opinions on metal

Blind Guardian should have never attempted power metal.

EDIT: Despite me loving Imaginations I would have preferred them to remain a speed metal band instead of fagging it up like they did after IFTOS.

I'm in disagreement with lots of people here because I even think A Night At the Opera is great. A Twist in the Myth... meh (some great songs, don't get me wrong).

However, there are definitely far more power metal bands that you could say "fagged" it up. Blind Guardian is actually one of the few who were able to hold onto their balls.

I posted this in the DM thread initially because I didn't realize it was the wrong thread

Controversial: Volcano is better than Dark Medieval Times

I dont listen to tons of BM but i find the new Satyricon to be very boring and bland. Do you recommend those two?

If you say so, man. I've yet to experience this, I tend to cringe from the lame vocals.Some people can look past that, but vocals are a big thing to me, if it doesn't click with me, the whole thing is just grating on my nerves.

Listening to extreme metal requires me to look past the cheesiness of humans trying to imitate monsters.

If you say so, man. I've yet to experience this, I tend to cringe from the lame vocals.Some people can look past that, but vocals are a big thing to me, if it doesn't click with me, the whole thing is just grating on my nerves.

Listening to extreme metal requires me to look past the cheesiness of humans trying to imitate monsters.

Very true. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: