Controversial opinions on metal

After reading this thread this might be controversial:

I think anyone who claims to hate everything of a certain genre is a stupid asshole. Either he/she is to concerned with his/her reputation or he/she is just not grown up yet. There is good stuff everywhere if one keeps an open mind.

Power metal is one of those genres that get alot of shit and its not one of my favorites either but of course there is good stuff there as well as anywhere else.

Hmmm...interesting post here. I can agree with this to a degree, there are elements of most every genre/band that I don't care for that I can enjoy. Power metal, for example, has some great musicianship involved when done well. Symphonic bm usually has excellent drumming/vocals/guitarwork, and even Demilich has good riffs. Still can't find anything remotely redeemable about Last Days Of Humanity though....

Anyone who dislikes Autopsy, and yet hails Cannibal Corpse as gods is severely lacking in the ability to appreciate quality death metal..

My vote would go to The Spirit of Ukko; and there isn't all that much "folk" influence on it, except for the song I posted and the final track, "And the North Star Cried." The rest of the song is, for the most part, fucking badass extreme power metal.

Actually, the first half of the record is all heavy fucking metal. They introduce acoustics on the final three songs; but I think the entire album slays.

Just to be clear, the song I posted was of Kiuas, not Blind Guardian. I wanted to show that power metal vocalists can have fucking ballsy voices. And personally, Hansi has a ballsy voice as well.
Kiuas plays a diverse amount of stuff tbh.

lol wtf @ *anyone* not liking autopsy.

i remember a time when i thought suffocation were worthless 'cause they lacked atmosphere or something. total stupidity. not that they're the best DM band ever, that's fucking pushing it a lot. :err: